The Concertina Concert

Barry Callaghan's video of the concert will be available for sale at the Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend (13th,14 & 15th August)at the price of £10.It features some of the best concertina players in England playing in various styles on various systemsand includes:

Will Duke Anglo

Roger Digby Anglo

Harry Scurfield Anglo

Iris Bishop Mc Cann Duet

Pam Bishop Mc Cann Duet

Mike Hebbert Jeffries Duet

Anahata-Anglo

Chantal Noppen English

Dave Ball & Graham Pratt English

Harry Litherland Mc Cann Duet

Reuben Shaw Mc Cann Duet

The video lasts for 80 minutes and will be of interest to all concertina players and lovers of traditional music.

All enquiries regarding the video and the Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend to

Mark Davies

Edgemount Farm

Lumb Lane

High Bradfield

Sheffield S6 6LJ

Tel:0114 2851479

Mobile:07850475067

Email:edeophone@aol.com

Hi Mark:

Thanks for offering the video.

To which e-mail address should the Paypal payment for the tape be made to?

Also what is the total with shipping to the U.S.?

I thought it might be helpful to post this to the group rather than email you privately since others might have the same question.

Perry Werner

For those wishing to purchase a copy of the video it can be posted worldwide...

What is the format? NTSC is the standard for North America and Japan, PAL for the rest of the world. Can you provide the video in NTSC format for USA-ns?

Many (most?) recently made European video players can play NTSC-format tapes, though with some reduction in quality, but I'm not sure that North American systems can also play PAL-format.

It would be a shame to get a copy and then not be able to view it. :(

Format is VHS.Total cost to include post and packing outside the UK is £15.Within the UK £13.The email address for payments to be made via Paypal is:-

edeophone@aol.com

VHS is a "format" for the recording medium, not for the recording of the signal itself. VHS tapes are used for recording both NTSC and PAL formats. I assume that since it was recorded in the UK, it will be in PAL format and will be unplayable on most American video players. But if you get enough requests from across the Big Pond, it will probably be worth having NTSC copies made of the original. (I think that these days there are simple computer programs to do that.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...