WANTED Wheatstone Metal ends McCann duet 46 button

new english

Hi guys many thanks for all the info and offers for duet concertinas my friend Martin has finally gone home with his concertina!!!!! He’s absolutely delighted and the look of absolute concentration on his face while attempting to play La Valse d'Amélie was a picture to behold “he was playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"LOL and the difference in sound between the concertinas was most illuminating

As I’m now hooked I have reluctantly sold one of my beloved guitars(A lyon & healy 1900 parlour guitar ahhh) to fund my next duet concertina

I flirted briefly last week with an Anglo (a lovely concertina )but unless I can keep a spare brain in a jar for each system or play it with my feet it’s just not going to happen LOL

I,m looking for a metal ended Wheatstone McCann duet 46 button concert tuned ready to play if anyone has one for sale please contact

Many thanks

Tony

I,m looking for a metal ended Wheatstone McCann duet 46 button concert tuned ready to play if anyone has one for sale please contact

Many thanks

Tony

Do yourself a favour, leave the tiddlers and get one with a few more buttons and decent lungs. Honestly, you'll want it one day. Might as well short-circuit the system now. And they're not getting any cheaper either.

I definately agree with Dirge. I have two Ec's, one is the same size as a 46k Maccann and the other is bigger than my 57key Maccann. To make larger chords (or continuous chording) on the smaller EC I quickly run out of bellows. On the larger EC and the 57k Duet (they both have Seven fold bellows) there is plenty of wind which allows bellows direction changes when I want them, more or less.

The 46k's are very reasonable in price, at the moment,for the two reasons of Range and Air Capacity.

Good hunting,

Geoff.

Hi David my decision to play the smaller 46 is primarily because the chap that started me off played some outrages jazz tunes and appeared to alternate between sides for passing chords and he played a rather nice ragtime piece that will probably take me a year just to assemble the chords LOL what I haven’t mentioned is a rather nasty wrist injury “colles fracture “that effectively ended my career playing the guitar, I started out originally as a drummer but played the guitar as a child and with the advent of the “evil drum machine and sequencers” I switched back to guitar and for 30 odd years “No day job” LOL I also played the violin, probable the musical love of my life Ahhhhhhhh

I played bass for several years in a country rock band and switched between keyboard and guitar in the nineties playing that awful soft rock that was incredibly popular .

My passion has always been gypsy jazz Dixieland Ragtime but I sold my piano as the repetitive downwards motion created havoc with the nerves damage on the wrist and last year I had a re-evaluation of the injury and it’s not going to improve so I have reluctantly accepted that the wrist rotation required for the violin is not viable and have been slowly divesting myself of my wonderful instrument collection(but my drum kit along with my beautiful violin are staying in the loft just incase the aliens arrive and can transplant arms,I want one Buddy rich one Jascha Heifetz LOL)

So over the last few years I’ve been looking for an instrument that not only inspires me but is easy on the wrist and the chance meeting of a McCann duet concertina player at a bluegrass session was great karma as the concertina fits both perfectly

The daily wrist exercises I do are almost identical to the concertina fingering and the wrist has so far not reacted and my OT has given it the thumbs up “I’m delighted” and its size weight and “how does one put it” manipulative limitations make playing the little 46 button very comfortable

And as to playing with my feet it already sounds like I am LOL

Question gentlemen:could I get seven fold bellows for my duet?

tony