Alf Edward's Aeola tenor!

I just bought a 48- key Aeola tenor at ebay, which supposedly belonged to Alf Edwards. Does anybody know anything about this instrument or if Alf indeed played tenor? Any recodings or films?

Was it the one referred to in this thread of the last couple of weeks?

http://www.concertin...=0

Edit

Sorry - I've just realised that I was talking rubbish, as that was an English treble! More haste less speed ....:blink:

Edited by Irene S

Irene, it is in fact the one! If you check the link, you can clearly see that it is a 48 - key tenor! The ledger is wrong about the instrument!

I didn't go that far - just saw the name Alf Edwards, and realised I had already read a thread about that - glad to connect you with the previous conversation, in that case ;)

Quite obvious. Two clues:

1. The finger-rest is extended / longer than normal. Some tenors or baritone-trebles have this...

2. The lowest key is roughly in the middle of the finger-rest on a treble, at the lower end on a tenor....

The ledgers stated 48 key 19a ( normally a 64 key tenor treble ). However she has obviously metal-ends and not black ends, as the ledger states...

It is definitely a special instrument. At a number over 33.000 it would normally have had the double-ring inlay, but this one has the old emblem, pointing to a special order!?!