A tune on my Edgley

Hi all,

I eventually had a little time to record something on my new Edgley G/D. It's called Robin's Waltz.

The playing is not perfect, with a few wrong notes, and my mic is not an exceptionnal one but this is

the best I can do now.

I hope you enjoy.

David

Robin.mp3

Edited by david fabre

Hi all,

I eventually had a little time to record something on my new Edgley G/D. It's called Robin's Waltz.

The playing is not perfect, with a few wrong notes, and my mic is not an exceptionnal one but this is

the best I can do now.

I hope you enjoy.

David

Nicely done! That's got a good fun sound to it. I certainly did not notice any "wrong" notes. Good for you! :)

...wait. Now that I've thought about it, it's terrible. You should quit playing the concertina altogether and send your Edgley to me...:ph34r:

Edited by FatBellows

Nice - solid and lively playing, sure an enjoyable listening experience!

only thing that comes to mind is that there are slightly disturbing side noises in the recording - if I'm not mistaken, a lot of it is the leather hand straps squeaking against the wood... I had the same problem and fixed it by putting a felt liner (sort of a cloth washer) in between the strap bearings and the wood casing - doesn't exactly look cool but serves the purpose...

Thanks for the appreciations ; this encourages me to practise again and I hope to be able to post better recordings soon !

Ruediger : about the side noises, I'll check about the hand straps issue ; however I think most of the extra noise

you hear is actually due to the air button. At several times I'm nearly at full extension and have to close the bellows rapidly

while playing on the push. I'm also recording with the mic pointing at the right end. With this setting the melody is a bit louder

than the chords ; but noises coming from the air button are also amplified :(

Edited by david fabre