Art's Concertina Bar?

During my travels this summer I found myself in Milwaukee for a week. Happily it turned out to be the same weekend as Milwaukee Irish Fest, but I digress.

While in the Denis Sullivan crew lounge I noticed a flyer on the bulletin board for "Art's Concertina Bar", unfortunately I didn't get there. But I wasn't sure if it was still in operation? I vaguely remembered hearing about it around the forums, but couldn't remember exactly *what* I'd heard.

So, next time I'm in the fine port of Milwaukee, is it 1.) still open and 2.) worth a visit? I mean, with a name like that it's got to be good, but what exactly should one expect?

oh boy, here's one I can answer!!!! I did go to Art's Concertina Bar. It was purely research of course. It was fun...but they do play the bigger boys: chimnitzers, 1, 2, 3 row button accordines. There were no (I finally resorted to this description, because no one has a clue what my new passtime is): "folk concertinas" . But lots of BEER. ;) Michelle SE WI

http://www.letspolka.com/2007/10/torch-passed-at-arts-concertina-bar/

http://onmilwaukee.com/bars/business/arts.html

On a side note, it seems that many, if not most, of Art's extensive collection are reportedly being serviced (gradually) by Mike Smeija. I've not heard if this is for preservation or sale.

Edited by danersen

I could take the Pokerwork along too ... but a polka on the Crane could be just the thing to convert the new owner to concertinas with six or more sides! (Not meaning to exlcude those rare, square Haydens, of course!)

Or the square Herringtons, for that matter.

I could take the Pokerwork along too ... but a polka on the Crane could be just the thing to convert the new owner to concertinas with six or more sides! (Not meaning to exlcude those rare, square Haydens, of course!)

Or the square Herringtons, for that matter.

Or the two Tedrow concertinas. One's a Dandy and the other is a Harley.

Thanks

Leo B)

Edited by Leo