Lachenal 35b Crane

drbones

SOLD!

Thanks S.S.

Now if I can just find those danged contribution instructions again.

I've added some pics per a request. Please note the small piece of fretwork missing on the left side. I'd forgotten about that and didn't notice it on the original pics which were taken by the person I bought it from. Sorry! I guess I should have taken it out and looked.

Thanks

Some of you may remember when I bought this a while back . Well, I've hardly touched it since I just can't seem to figure it out.

Really a nice looking little instrument although I can't tell you how it plays since I don't know how.:(

It didn't come with a box and it will leave the same way.

I paid a little over $500 US and will entertain any offers over that with the usual contribtion to this fine site of course.

Here's the description from when I bought it and It's in the same condition. Pictures below description.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks.

35 BUTTON CRANE SYSTEM DUET CONCERTINA

MADE BY

LACHENAL

FOR

CRANE & SONS, LIVERPOOL

Maker's Number L631 stamped into frame inside Instrument and on Bass Button End Label

Treble Button End Label States:-

CRANE& SONS

LIVERPOOL

PATENT CONCERTINA 2173

Manufactured by

LACHENAL & Co, LONDON

When Lachenal & Co first made instruments for Crane, the early ones were labelled as "Crane & Sons, Patent-Concertina, London & Liverpool". Lachenal apparently used a new range of serial numbers, completely different from the range of numbers on their Maccann Concertinas. However, at a later date the two number series were merged together. The Lachenal Series of Instrument numbers are reported as ranging from 256 to 5960. This was further complicated at a later date when Crane & Sons introduced their own series of Instrument numbers.

• 6¼ inches across flats (158mm).

• 5 N° Bellows Folds.

• 5 inches overall closed length (127mm).

• Mahogany Fretted ends

• Steel Reeds.

• 20 Bone Treble Buttons – 11 White

(engraved with note lettering) + 8 Black

+ 1 Red (C note)

• 15 Bone Bass Buttons – 8 White

(engraved with note lettering) + 5 Black

+ 2 Red (C notes).

• Black End Leather Banding.

• Black Leather Edged Bellows.

• Black Leather Hand Straps on Wood Grips.

• Weight - 2lb 5oz - 1.05kg.

CONDITION – EXCELLENT

This Instrument has undergone complete restoration throughout by Barleycorn Concertinas, UK (internal label) at some time and is in excellent condition. One or two fine cracks in the end frets commensurate with age and use - but secure. Please refer to photos.

Crane2.jpgCrane3.jpgCrane4.jpgCrane5.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0008-2.jpgIMG_0007.jpg

Edited by drbones

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Well, I guess I'll have to throw it to the dogs on Ebay.

These poor things are so loyal and trusting and we just turn around and sell them to complete strangers. Too bad, I'm sure it deserves better. Just look at those big sad eyes.:(

Oh Well, I guess I'll have to throw it to the dogs on Ebay.

These poor things are so loyal and trusting and we just turn around and sell them to complete strangers. Too bad, I'm sure it deserves better. Just look at those big sad eyes.:(

Sorry, Dr. B.

I'd love to give it a home along with my other Cranes, but at the moment my budget is negative, and that's likely to last for a while. :(

Sorry, Dr. B.

I'd love to give it a home along with my other Cranes, but at the moment my budget is negative, and that's likely to last for a while. :(

Well, Jim,

As we Pirates say as we sit in the life boat while our ship sinks, "Looks like we'll be sharin' close quarters for a while, mate!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...