For sale at Willie Week: Jeffries Anglo C/G 30 buttons

David Levine

A great Jeffries just came into my hands. It has been totally restored with new bellows, pads, springs, valves. I'll be keeping my own that I've had for twenty years and selling this one. The old bone buttons have been replaced with steel buttons, the frames have been refinished and the ends polished. The reeds are in excellent condition. Stamped C. Jeffries / Maker. Original case (tattered), with protective outer case. Call me on (0)87 610 4122 - or you can see it at Willie Week, at the shop between Clancy's Pub and Edel Fox's parents' An Siopa Beag, on Main Street, across from The Market House Pub. I am looking for €8,500 for the instrument. Donation gladly made to Cnet if purchased by a member.

(Edel's CD is available too, at €15)

You've ruined my sale!! Now Steve probably won't go for the deal. Thanks a lot, Az!!!

It's OK though- a friend here bought it and loves it. I sold it to him for exactly what I paid for it.

A noted piper came into the shop today to look at an Olwell flute I'm also selling. He was carrying his teenage daughter's 3 year-old Dipper and I asked if I could take a look at it.

I opened the case and there was a gorgeous wooden-ended 34 button C/G Anglo, jammed into the case along with a few Euros of spare change, nail-clippers, lipstick, sunglasses and other junk. The concertina played beautifully but it probably reflected the state of her room.

You've ruined my sale!! Now Steve probably won't go for the deal. Thanks a lot, Az!!!

It's OK though- a friend here bought it and loves it. I sold it to him for exactly what I paid for it.

A noted piper came into the shop today to look at an Olwell flute I'm also selling. He was carrying his teenage daughter's 3 year-old Dipper and I asked if I could take a look at it.

I opened the case and there was a gorgeous wooden-ended 34 button C/G Anglo, jammed into the case along with a few Euros of spare change, nail-clippers, lipstick, sunglasses and other junk. The concertina played beautifully but it probably reflected the state of her room.

Oh Yes,

I know the noted piper and the noted Dipper daughter. She told me she did not like the colour (of the bellows?), her dad and me we just looked to the heavens. Surely she must know how lucky she is.... wow, I wish I had parents like that !

Pheeeooouuu... it's hot here today, wish I was in Clare in the rain.

Geoff.

It is a lovely soft rain. An all day rain, with a few breaks when the rain is suspended in the air rather than falling to the pavement. You can hear music escaping from the pubs and coming out onto the streets after about noon. All sessions are pretty crowded. There is a wide choice of Clare (east, west, or north), Kerry, Northern, Sligo, or singing sessions at Marrinan's. There are some low C sessions. We've even had a few sessions in our tiny shop. Then there are the sessions for teachers, and the concerts (which I don't really care for- too much like a cattle sale). There is a great buzz about the town. Even traffic jams in and out of Greater Miltown Malbay, and a genuine rush hour.

I have heard rumors that there are classes at the Willie Clancy Summer School!! Tomorrow is the last day. Then the town will slowly settle back to normal and the smell of slurry will replace the smell of smoke and beer.

It is a lovely soft rain. An all day rain, with a few breaks when the rain is suspended in the air rather than falling to the pavement. You can hear music escaping from the pubs and coming out onto the streets after about noon. All sessions are pretty crowded. There is a wide choice of Clare (east, west, or north), Kerry, Northern, Sligo, or singing sessions at Marrinan's. There are some low C sessions. We've even had a few sessions in our tiny shop. Then there are the sessions for teachers, and the concerts (which I don't really care for- too much like a cattle sale). There is a great buzz about the town. Even traffic jams in and out of Greater Miltown Malbay, and a genuine rush hour.

I have heard rumors that there are classes at the Willie Clancy Summer School!! Tomorrow is the last day. Then the town will slowly settle back to normal and the smell of slurry will replace the smell of smoke and beer.

Oh!! How very poetic indeed, David." Would that be Plain or Slurry Chip Sur ?"

Happy Damp. ( I've just watered the garden).

Geoff.