Twin Reed old style Anglo or German

michael sam wild

would a Bastari be such a concertina?

As I understand it, Bastari is the old brand name of what we now call Stagi. I think those are made in Italy-- I'm not sure exactly what "Anglo or German" means in this context.

An old German one in decent condition... from what I hear, most German-made concertinas were hardly in decent condition to begin with. =)

I'd quite like an old 20 or 30 button twin reed Anglo or German concertina in decent condition Any advice or got one to sell? C/G preferred but open to suggestions.

Please PM me or give advice here

Does it have to be old? Schaumanufaktur/Silvetta makes them now (20 button only). I had one of their double-reeded G/D's for a while and was pretty happy with it.

I don't have such a concertina but somebody I know in my region who has a German double reeded 20B C/G, ´70-ish. One voice is the usual C/G pitch and the other is a full octave lower so you could even make a Bariton out of it.

It looks new and unused, but there is some work - mainly tuning and valves. He showed it to me lately, and he does not play himself. It will take a while before I see him but I could ask the owner if he wants to sell it (and how much he would ask for it).

Marien