Bbc Radio 4 Music Quiz

BBC Radio 4 has a music quiz called Counterpoint. In the final program broadcast today (Monday), repeated Saturday night 11:00PM the final round contained the following question:

What instrument similar to an accordion is Charles Wheatstone credited with inventing in 1825?

A contestant did answer 'concertina' - in spite of the description!

- John Wild

What instrument similar to an accordion is Charles Wheatstone credited with inventing in 1825?

I don't understand -- are you saying a concertina is not similar to an accordion?

I don't understand -- are you saying a concertina is not similar to an accordion?

'Twasn't 1825. B)

Ah...so why was "similar to" emboldened?

BBC Radio 4 has a music quiz called Counterpoint. In the final program broadcast today (Monday), repeated Saturday night 11:00PM the final round contained the following question:

Last saturday was my last in day in England before going back by boat from Harwich to The Netherlands. As we had a long travelling day and we just returned to our caravan from an exiting evening, I decided not to read in bed, but just turn on the radio. I must have have been half-sleeping when I heard this question about Wheatstone. It was a very strange sensation, like an accoustic deja vu :blink: I was sure I heard it before :unsure: .

I just discovered that I must have read this topic superficially just before my trip to England :D

BTW: a very high quality music quiz! You do'nt hear this on the Dutch radio (any more).

Edited by Henk van Aalten