A New Year Waltz

Alan Day

Nice one, Alan! I just found this thread.

Sounds like a song to me, what with being an A part tune and all.

How about some words to it....it seems to beg for them.

Happy New Year, all.

Dan

I will give it some thought Dan and post it here.

It did take me twenty years to write a tune for "The Storm Witch" so I may be some time.

Al

• 3 weeks later...
That is just lovely, if that's a good term to use.

Thanks

Leo

Now't wrong with saying it was lovely, I'll just have to make my way to Lewes and buy the lad a pint; only if he play The Abigail Waltz though. If a certain P G Trimming came along and did a floor spot that would make the evening :)

That is just lovely, if that's a good term to use.

Thanks

Leo

Now't wrong with saying it was lovely, I'll just have to make my way to Lewes and buy the lad a pint; only if he play The Abigail Waltz though. If a certain P G Trimming came along and did a floor spot that would make the evening :)

Hmm, Pete, not satisfied with Alan on his ownsome, you want all the Trimmings too. You gr***y so and so!! And why not. They make a great double act. :)

Chris

If a certain P G Trimming came along and did a floor spot that would make the evening :)

Sorry, Pete, but I no longer do public performances!

As an aside, the Lewes FC (in the venue recently vacated) was my last club booking back in January 1989.

A new waltz of mine for a New Year "The Abigail Waltz"

I hope you like it.

Al

You've read the reviews, heard the soundtrack, now watch the film:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3kv3_J8aoVQ&...re=channel_page

Thanks for the posting Peter and all your hard work.

Many thanks for the comments

"Lovely" is great news

Al

I finally get to see what my good friend Alan looks like (besides the postage-stamp-sized picture on Anglo International). And do I hear a B section (or at least a bridge) that wasn't present in the earlier version?

I did manage a smile at the end David.

The B part was added as a few said they would prefer it with one, although the bar length of the A is as long as most waltzes.I actually normally play two Bs but looking at the recording I have only done one (half a bridge)although it is almost a repeat.I put it down to the fact that I broke down on the way to Peter's house in the centre of Croydon(opposite Fairfield Halls) on a one way system,on double red lines which means over here no stopping for anything. A very hairy experience with vehicles coming at me from all directions,with me fiddling about under the bonnet.Luckily for once I knew what I was doing and within fifteen minutes was going again.

Al

Hi Alan. Thank you for this beautiful waltz. I couldn't resist trying a merry-go-round version...

http://www.tangosite.com/concertina/pub/abigail-waltz

I hope you don't mind. How old is your granndaughter?

Well, I don't know about Alan, but I think this sounds great.

Maybe I hear a concertina band arrangement is the making.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Alan. Thank you for this beautiful waltz. I couldn't resist trying a merry-go-round version...

Regards,

Peter.

Im glad you like it. I've added the score (all instruments written in C, so concertina-ready). The piccolo part is a little tricky though :-)

Regards,

Peter.

Im glad you like it. I've added the score (all instruments written in C, so concertina-ready). The piccolo part is a little tricky though :-)

Superb

Many thanks.

Abigail is eight years old,she is learning the violin and did her first concert at Christmas.No nerves at all.

Peter has now posted my little Grandson's tune Archie Minor

Al