My New Baby

NoNaYet

Bob builds beautiful concertinas. It has a deep sounding voice....almost "organ like." The only regret is that Bob's video was a bit too short. I would have love to hear a complete song with your new concertina.

NNY, congratulations on a nice instrument. Do you play with a lot of chords? I am used to playing with 8 fold bellows that have a lot of air. I know only one other person who plays a ten fold bellows (Johan Alberts from South Africa).

Do you play with a lot of chords? I am used to playing with 8 fold bellows that have a lot of air. I know only one other person who plays a ten fold bellows (Johan Alberts from South Africa).

I am not sure what the whole concertina community's tastes in music is, as I have limited exposure just on the net and what I have bought. I do not play what I think of as pub music. I have a lot of old English, Irish, and Scottish music from my fiddle days, but when I found how easy it is to play by ear I began to build an odd ball collection of tunes; for example some hymns, Civil War, WWI tunes, and Broadway tunes. I found that some of them take a deep "breath".

I originally ordered 8 folds, but when I switched to a baritone I began to wonder if those low reeds would require pushing a lot of air. It is not every day I order a custom instrument, so I made a plunge and increased to the 10 folds. I have been a little conflicted by the choice, but it looks like it will turn out well.

I have some material to start working on more chords I really need to get serious about, but what I'm playing now is so fun I have a hard time motivating to do homework.

NNY

It is not every day I order a custom instrument, so I made a plunge and increased to the 10 folds. I have been a little conflicted by the choice, but it looks like it will turn out well.

NNY

Worst case secanario, it would be good for skipping........... :ph34r: