Slightly confused - login name or email?

A quickie; tried signing in using my long-established user name (davethos) but was being asked for email and password instead, when just a few days earlier I'm sure I was asked for user name & password. Are there alternative ways in that ask differently? Ungh?

Cheers, Dave Thomas (davethos and/or daveconc)

A quickie; tried signing in using my long-established user name (davethos) but was being asked for email and password instead, when just a few days earlier I'm sure I was asked for user name & password. Are there alternative ways in that ask differently? Ungh?

I haven't seen that, and I've just logged in on a neighbor's computer. I was not asked for email. If it's a change, it's not a universal one.

I might have asked if you were sure you were logging in to the right forum, but if you were able to post here, that must not have been the problem. ;)

I'm not aware of any changes, but some may be too new to know we had an email and password system for the old, passive site and the forum system and ad page that were written by Paul. They were shut down due to susceptibility to hacking, but the old accounts are still there. (I have one, not sure if I even recall the password!).

Ken