Storing the Instrument

It certainly is! Who's the maker? Do you have contact details Chris?

I do, but she wasn't very interested when I suggested that there might be a demand for cases like this. It may be that she feels that there's more work in the case than she could charge for. Certainly the price she asked from me was, in my opinion, way too low (the only way I could get her to accept any more was to post her a bigger cheque :) ).

Perhaps, if a number of people are interested, I'll tell her about this thread and then she can her make her own mind up.

Chris

I do, but she wasn't very interested when I suggested that there might be a demand for cases like this. It may be that she feels that there's more work in the case than she could charge for. Certainly the price she asked from me was, in my opinion, way too low (the only way I could get her to accept any more was to post her a bigger cheque :) ).

Perhaps, if a number of people are interested, I'll tell her about this thread and then she can her make her own mind up.

Chris

It looks like you could strap it over your shoulder for a walk... One of my ideal cases is portability, and being able to carry it over my shoulder and leave my hands free would be ideal! But yeah I can't imagine the price for such a beautiful case!

Let me put in a word for cases by Seth Fallon (http://www.falloncases.com/) which Frank Edgley uses for his concertinas. Seth is currently recovering from surgery and it may take a while for him to get back into the swing of things, but his cases look worth the wait. I'm in the queue to get one and based on what I've heard from Frank and others, Seth makes an excellent product.

It looks like you could strap it over your shoulder for a walk... One of my ideal cases is portability, and being able to carry it over my shoulder and leave my hands free would be ideal!

The leather handles are buckled on. It was my idea to attach a long strap to the buckles, but I checked with the maker first that they'd be strong enough. It works well, because I really like having my hands free as well, but I was always uneasy about using a soft case. I did though, for the sake of the shoulder strap.

Chris

Chris

A beautiful thing within a beautiful thing. It begs the question: Do you have a case for your case ... and so on? :o Mike

On the dark grey camera case type foam, years ago for work we had to cut foam for several of those aluminum cases to carry specialized survey equipment. The foam was in three layers, uncut, but the instructions were clear, soak in water the middle layer, squeeze out, place in freezer overnight, take out and cut out shapes required with xacto blade. Worked like a charm. We got the middle layers sliced the way we wanted and the other two layers were to provide the "bottom" and "top" when the case was closed. Having the separate layers negated the need for hollowing out bottoms. The cuts were very crisp and I've used it ever since for weird objects that need a case (cameras, lenses, sound equipment etc.).

Edited by RustyH