My Unusual Duet (wheatstone 32410)

aeolina

Several Patents using this type of keyboard were taken out by Dr Pitt-Taylor. these were G.B. Patents: 1916 No 102552, 1922 No. 208274, & 1923 No 220824.

I don't have these patents to hand but I am fairly certain that one of these almost exactly corresponds to the one you have described.

He also took out a number of other Patents during this period but more on Maccann style. A Mr Mitchel also took out a number of patents at around this period from 1912-1930 which were more on the Piano Style. A full listing of these can be found in the "background to the invention" section of the Hayden Patent - GB 2131592.

Regarding Wheatstones listing it as a "Piano" concertina system; I note that the first Hayden System concertina made by H Crabb & Son's is listed in their ledgers as a Jeffries Duet type system; but is only similar in the way the buttons fall on the concertina, not even remotely similar in the notes that each button plays !

Inventor.

Several Patents using this type of keyboard were taken out by Dr Pitt-Taylor.  these were G.B. Patents:  1916 No 102552,  1922 No. 208274, & 1923 No 220824.

I don't have these patents to hand but I am fairly certain that one of these almost exactly corresponds to the one you have described.

He also took out a number of other Patents during this period but more on Maccann style.    A Mr Mitchel also took out  a number of patents at around this period from 1912-1930 which were more on the Piano Style.

Interesting. I would certainly like to see these various patents.

Regarding Wheatstones listing it as a "Piano" concertina system; I note that the first Hayden System concertina made by H Crabb & Son's is listed in their ledgers as a Jeffries Duet type system; but is only similar in the way the buttons fall on the concertina, not even remotely similar in the notes that each button plays !

One I've been experimenting with is the Pitt-Taylor 1924 layout. I'd say it's about as much like a Jeffries duet as it is like Maccann, or about as close to either as the Hayden is to the Jeffries. And the Wheatstone ledger lists the P-T 1924 with a Maccann model number and just the word "Special". B)

• 1 month later...