Who Makes The Best Concertina Cases?

Ptarmigan

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Devils' Dream said:

Though not small, the Nanuk 918 has room for foam and blocking.  

Plus  a pack of sandwiches and a beer!

Actually, I am not knocking the 918 as I am thinking of getting one myself.  It seems to be the only bullet-proof case than can hold a concertina bigger than 6 1/4".  But it is really wide at nearly 17" externally.  You would need a big backpack!

If the OP's concertina is a standard 6 1/4" then a Nanuk 908 or a Pelican/Storm iM2075 would keep your precious safe.

Added:  One problem with these types of cases is that they are often used for high-end camera gear and might be a magnet for thieves.  The OP might be better off with a battered, old-fashioned hard shell ladies make-up case.

Edited by Don Taylor

On 10/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, Devils' Dream said:

Take a look at the Nanuks.  Similar to Storm/Pelican but slightly different dimensions and a tad lighter.

surprisingly, the Nanuk 908 has turned out to be slightly smaller than the Pelican im2075 re internal dimensions (I was able to fit a TT Aeola only into the latter)

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
edited due to a friendly pointer to my confusing the 908 (which might appear larger than the im2075 but isn't) and the 918 (which is apparently a case of clearly larger dimensions) by fellow concertinist Don

16 hours ago, Don Taylor said:

Actually, I am not knocking the 918 as I am thinking of getting one myself.  It seems to be the only bullet-proof case than can hold a concertina bigger than 6 1/4".  But it is really wide at nearly 17" externally.  You would need a big backpack!

I would recommend https://www.skbcases.com/industrial/products/prod-detail.php?d=s17&id=1092&s=s#.X4Rx1NAzbtQ, it's "only" 16 1/4 inches and seems quite reliable too. Acquired for my Lachenal baritone in the first place the case now houses my BT Aeola (which also benefits from 0.4 inches extra internal depth; 9.00 vs. 8.60).

iSeries 1510-9 Waterproof Utility Case w/cubed foam

Model: 3i-1510-9B-C

Interior Length:  15.00 in  (38.10 cm)
Interior Width:  10.50 in  (26.67 cm)
Interior Depth:  9.00 in  (22.86 cm)

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
div.