Anyone Else Here Got A Myspace?

Hi,

I've just started my own Concertina MySpace today ... well, they can't touch you for it ....... can they! :blink:

Anyway, if any of you folks here have one too, why not pop over & say hello. :D

I must admit, it's kinda lonely over there, right now .... :unsure:

MySpace

Cheers,

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Hi,

I've just started my own Concertina MySpace today ... well, they can't touch you for it ....... can they! :blink:

MySpace

Cheers,

Dick

I'm on myspace..added you.... :)

Hi,

MySpace

Cheers,

Dick

That link doesn't work for me.

Hi,

MySpace

Cheers,

Dick

That link doesn't work for me.

Don't know how that happened?

Thanks for letting me know.

Should work now &/or try this one:

MySpace

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

I like your background picture!

Regards,

Peter.

Aye Peter, it's great isn't it ~ of course, you know I took that photo from my kitchen window. ;)

By the way, I posted some E.C. YouTubes yesterday & I hope to post a few more today.

Now some of you guys are probably in some of them.

I just hope nobody here minds me using them this way?

If so please say ~ one click & they're away!

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Regards,

Peter.

Aye Peter, it's great isn't it ~ of course, you know I took that photo from my kitchen window. ;)

By the way, I posted some E.C. YouTubes yesterday & I hope to post a few more today.

Cheers

Dick

I thought the picture might be! I considered using a picture from my kitchen window, but, sadly, there are no mountains, or water ...... unless you count the bird bath. Always wanted to live within sight of the mountains.

Those YouTube videos; great! If you can embed them, by definition, the film makers will not mind. I have met at least three of the concertinas featured, and got to play the pretty Wheatstone (Dickinson) that Martyn has (when it belonged to it's original owner).

Regards,

Peter.

Regards,

Peter.

Cheers

Dick

I thought the picture might be! I considered using a picture from my kitchen window, but, sadly, there are no mountains, or water ...... unless you count the bird bath. Always wanted to live within sight of the mountains.

Those YouTube videos; great! If you can embed them, by definition, the film makers will not mind. I have met at least three of the concertinas featured, and got to play the pretty Wheatstone (Dickinson) that Martyn has (when it belonged to it's original owner).

Regards,

Peter.

Peter, what do you mean by ~ "If you can embed them, by definition, the film makers will not mind."

Seriously, I'm afraid I'm just not very techi minded ... sorry. How do you embed them by definition?

40 years ago I only just scraped a C in O level maths! :(

I hope it's a straightforward technique?

Cheers

Dick

Regards,

Peter.

Cheers

Dick

Regards,

Peter.

Peter, what do you mean by ~ "If you can embed them, by definition, the film makers will not mind."

Seriously, I'm afraid I'm just not very techi minded ... sorry. How do you embed them by definition?

40 years ago I only just scraped a C in O level maths! :(

I hope it's a straightforward technique?

Cheers

Dick

by embedding them it links straight back to the youtube video...gets more 'hits'.

you embed by copying and pasting the 'embed code' that you can find on the right hand side on the video page then pasting into the code for your myspace page.

I believe you have done that. :)

--regards

one of those pesky young people

by embedding them it links straight back to the youtube video...gets more 'hits'.

you embed by copying and pasting the 'embed code' that you can find on the right hand side on the video page then pasting into the code for your myspace page.

I believe you have done that. :)

--regards

one of those pesky young people

PHEW! ........ thank goodness for that!

Cheers

Dick

one of those dopey old farts

• 1 month later...

Well... so's not to seem too stand-offish, I'll mention that I/we have a new myspace page, too!

Though, it's not particularly for my concertina music, at least not at this point. It's a page for 'The Hallelujah Bums,' which is me on my piano-accordion and foot bass and my husband Tom on his harmonicas.

It's myspace.com/hbums

I do post my concertina music, at a different site, though I think I'd like to get it all combined to the hbum site(s), eventually. I'll probably just include my concertina music under 'hbums' but Tom won't play his harmonicas for my solo stuff, that's all.

Anyway... I'll be glad to add you as a 'friend' if you give that a shot. If I get to it before you do, I'll send a note via myspace.

UPDATE on 5/8/2010:

I no longer have a myspace -- or a facebook -- page. But, of course, it is possible to add 'Friends' in the profile section of this board, so that's nice. I do still have things online, and I only recently got back to using real internet, not just my phone.

Edited by bellowbelle

Well... so's not to seem too stand-offish, I'll mention that I/we have a new myspace page, too!

Though, it's not particularly for my concertina music, at least not at this point. It's a page for 'The Hallelujah Bums,' which is me on my piano-accordion and foot bass and my husband Tom on his harmonicas.

It's myspace.com/hbums

I do post my concertina music, at a different site, though I think I'd like to get it all combined to the hbum site(s), eventually. I'll probably just include my concertina music under 'hbums' but Tom won't play his harmonicas for my solo stuff, that's all.

Anyway... I'll be glad to add you as a 'friend' if you give that a shot. If I get to it before you do, I'll send a note via myspace.

Thanks Wendy, friend request is on its way.

Cheers

Dick

Well, I've finally stuck some tracks on mine at http://www.myspace.com/robinmadge so beware:)

The Right as Ninepence track is not concertina related at all as it is completely computer sound card generated!

Fog in the channel is using a digital delay and is virtually impossible to perform live as the feedback problems are enormous.

Caterpillar wrestling has spoons on as an overdubbed track.

Rosabella is fairly normal.

Robin Madge

Hi,

MySpace

Cheers,

Dick

I have one... www.myspace.com/pipandjo