Concertinas & Coca-cola!

Howdy:

Just noticed this "beautiful" instrument listed on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charles-Jeffries-38-Bu...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wondering if the Coca-Cola bottle is being used for size comparison, color comparison or if the seller just did'nt have a better spot to put down his beverage while he shot the photo.

Generally I would understand if there was a bottle of Guinness next to the concertina, but I'm guessing that this is a former Salvation Army instrument, so maybe out of respect the seller used a soft drink.

Any further thoughts on this??

Have fun,

Perry Werner

post-168-1222698666_thumb.jpg

I rather suspect, given his starting price, that the seller doesn't know the value of what he's got and is in for a pleasant surprise. Perhaps he'll throw in a coke for free.

Chris

Oh Come on!! Look at that piece of junk. Bellows all scuffed up, buttons all corroding away and I'll bet the reeds are all rusted together if they haven't fallen out yet. He probably poured the coke all over it to make it look shinier. <_<

You guys should leave this one alone. I'll deal with this con artist and as soon as I get it, I'll expose him for the sheister he is. :ph34r:

You can thank me later. :P

Yeah, but how much do you think it will sell for after paying the price he paid??

Amazing.

Probably the highest price ever paid for a contemporary soft drink!!!!

And doesn't he also have to pay import duty and a tax or two? He's paying a lot more than $8460 US. Yikes.

Of course, by the time he get's all the necessary work done, with the way concertina prices keep inflating, he may well have a bargain, after all.

anyone have the gall to ask chris to give us the bottle of coke?

That coke's probably flat. It's not full so it's been opened. It doesn't look dark enough for Coke anyway, more like iced tea. So if the Coke is flat and fake, what about the concertina? <_<