Fs: One Dipper Restored Jeffries Anglo

Ed Stander

I have lost track of the number of times I have been saved by playing a full custom instrument.

What is a "full custom instrument"?

And in what sense were you saved? Saved because you didn't have to buy other concertinas (because yours was wonderful?)

Or, were you saved in the sense that when your world was falling apart, playing your concertina made things right?

Yvonne

I have lost track of the number of times I have been saved by playing a full custom instrument.

And in what sense were you saved? Saved because you didn't have to buy other concertinas (because yours was wonderful?)

Or, were you saved in the sense that when your world was falling apart, playing your concertina made things right?

Yvonne

A third option: because he can't or won't play a non-custom instrument because the keys/notes are too different, he's "stuck" with his instrument and at the same time it's a blessing because he can't get too impulsive by buying a Jeffries for exemple.

Stephen, thanks for the correction about the 23 Praed Street being the unrestored Jeffries model.

As to the demand for Stradivarius, yes they do continue to go up, but in the Concertina world I don't see well-heeled (read"rich") people banding together in a syndicate to buy a Jeffries or Wheatstone for some "deserving" musician. So my hypothesis may yet stand.

And Ed, since you are enjoying the continued use of the instrument, maybe it won't sell and then you can continue to play it in peace!! And surely this pogrom isn't an effort to rid your home of traditional Irish music or the like??

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...........................................

Ross Schlabach

Saved because the layout is so unusual (linked below), that tempting as a Dipper restored Jeffries is, I can resist because I don't play anything close to that.

--Dave

Sold on buy-it-now

Bought by an eBay "newbie" in Ireland, whose only other purchase has been a Chinese concertina (a couple of days ago) for £69.00 - they learnt fast! :blink:

Confidence in the future. Must have been due to the Irish Bank guarantee legislation that was recently passed. Hmm! They are considering raising the FDIC bank account coverage in the U.S. to $250,000. How many Jeffries can I buy with....

Help me Ross!! Intervention time!

Perhaps I should just content myself with my up and coming Amboyna Bb Carroll. It is coming up soon.

Greg

Well Greg, unfortunately the raising of FDIC or Irish deposit insurance doesn't increase the market's ability to fund loans -- especially given the current loan to capital limits in the US. It just may improve customer confidence in the safety of their money in banks. But my account is tapped out too. No more lendable funds here too; sorry.

But if my Bb/F is any indication, you will love that Carroll flat pitch concertina. Rich tone, responsive reeds and smooth/crisp action; you can't ask for more. BTW, the web site is a bit behind. So what serial numbers are you folks working on now?

As for Ed's auction, I'm happy for him if he's happy.

Ross Schlabach