Concertina Ad Not Showing Up On Ebay Uk

Paul Read

What a lovely looking 'tina! Makes me wish I could play an anglo. As to your question, there are quite a few listings on ebay UK from Canadian sellers (melodeons) at the moment and so I would think you have a different problem, can't imagine what though ...

Pete

It is showing up on Ebay.com but not ebay.co.uk. Would this be because of the Paypal issues?

Paul,

It's been showing up all the time in my searches of ebay.co.uk... :unsure:

Strange; if I add "Brits" I get it but I don't get it if I write "Concertina" or "Wheatstone".

It is showing up on Ebay.com but not ebay.co.uk. Would this be because of the Paypal issues?

Paul,

It's been showing up all the time in my searches of ebay.co.uk... :unsure:

Strange; if I add "Brits" I get it but I don't get it if I write "Concertina" or "Wheatstone".

OK, I had to click the "worldwide" button. Sorry about that :blink:

By the way there's not much on the net about Koot Brits concertinas... I'm curious about them. How do they compare with other concertinas? Is it in the same leagues as a Lachenal?

I had the chance to play the listed instrument when I was in Canada recently - far better than just about any lachenal I've ever played. Nice, solid action and a good sound. Certainly I've played some wheatstones that were no better. aesthetics are personal taste.

Azalin,

It is not on the same level as a new Steve Dickenson Wheatstone, Dipper, Carroll or Jeffries....and neither is the price or waiting time. He builds six sided, eight sided, ten sided and 12 sided anglos too.

The newer Koot Brits concertinas, according to Brits, will have the option of being made with rivited action or "hook and spring" action. Koot Brits and Willie van Wyk have finally been convinced to employ CNC technolgy i.e. lasers and computers to manufacture their reeds and reedframes. The technology exists in South Africa but the costs were not feasible for many years.

Hopefully when several more modifications and improvements have been made Koot Brits and Willie van Wyk can place an ad on Concertina.net

Edited by Ben Otto

Azalin,

It is not on the same level as a new Steve Dickenson Wheatstone, Dipper, Carroll or Jeffries....and neither is the price or waiting time. He builds six sided, eight sided, ten sided and 12 sided anglos too.

The newer Koot Brits concertinas, according to Brits, will have the option of being made with rivited action or "hook and spring" action. Koot Brits and Willie van Wyk have finally been convinced to employ CNC technolgy i.e. lasers and computers to manufacture their reeds and reedframes. The technology exists in South Africa but the costs were not feasible for many years.

Hopefully when several more modifications and improvements have been made Koot Brits and Willie van Wyk can place an ad on Concertina.net

Thanks, the Koot Brits is a bit less obscure now :-) What's the end result of riveted action versus non riveted action? Makes the button action more responsive?

• 2 weeks later...