English International Delivery Problem

Well I jokingly said to Graham a couple of days ago that now everything has been put to bed and just waiting for the manufacturers to do there stuff (normal delivery time 7-10 days) that they will say they are going on holiday and today we got the Email that they will commence manufacture on the 8th August, on their return first job after their holiday ,so by the end of that week we should have them. Graham was so confident of delivery by next week he has included the CDs on his mailing list and received some orders. He has apologised to those concerned and I do so to all of you, that I have once again I have to give you another delivery date.

Have a look in your crystal ball Peter you predicted this,am I right this time?

Al

OK, Alan, here goes ......

Sidmouth 2009 ......... only joking! :lol: I'm confident of seeing a copy before my Birthday.

My crystal ball generally works well, although I obviously didn't use it prior to my 4th July bike ride! I finally got around to inspecting the damage, today, before taking the bike back to the builder for check over, then it will be "sold" to my Bargain Hunt partner, John, who will rebuild the back wheel and give the bike to his son. Honestly, you would not think that one inch would make so much difference ( :unsure: ); had the XXXXXXX been that distance further behind me, there would have been no contact, and now I would just be grumpy, rather than sore and grumpy ...... waits for Walt Disney joke.

Roll on English International.

Regards,

Peter.

OK, Alan, here goes ......

Sidmouth 2009 ......... only joking! :lol: I'm confident of seeing a copy before my Birthday.

My crystal ball generally works well, although I obviously didn't use it prior to my 4th July bike ride! I finally got around to inspecting the damage, today, before taking the bike back to the builder for check over, then it will be "sold" to my Bargain Hunt partner, John, who will rebuild the back wheel and give the bike to his son. Honestly, you would not think that one inch would make so much difference ( :unsure: ); had the XXXXXXX been that distance further behind me, there would have been no contact, and now I would just be grumpy, rather than sore and grumpy ...... waits for Walt Disney joke.

Roll on English International.

Regards,

Peter.

Well my birthday is on the 13thAugust so there is at least one present I know I 'm getting. Will it be belated though?I hope not

Al

Ah, spit!

Getting my copy at Sidmouth would have been so easy ...

Chris

I agree and a good excuse for me to play at the Radway again.

As soon as they are in let me know if you are attending anywhere and I will see if I can organise something.

Roger has offered to take some to Whitby and from memory you usually go there.

Al

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Alan

missed asking you at Bradfield - will the 'international series of CD's be available at Whitby?

thanks

chris

Hallo Chris nice to see you at Bradfield,I have recovered from being buffeted all night by the gale.

The latest on the CDs is that they are being produced today,but it is a long packing job (three CDs and a booklet).

There are two consignments that go from the factory in Checkoslovacia on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If it makes the Tuesday one we may get it this week and Roger Digby has kindly agreed to take them to Whitby , if I get them later this week.Realistically I would think we shall get them next Monday or Tuesday.

As soon as I get further information I will let you know .

Al

Well my birthday is on the 13thAugust so there is at least one present I know I 'm getting. Will it be belated though?I hope not

Al

Happy birthday!! I hope it got there on time!

Hmm, I was wondering about this just today. Good to hear it's coming!

Firstly many thanks for your Birthday wishes.One of mine did not come true.

We have had a communication from the works with good and bad news. The good news is that the CDs are all finished and labeled ,The booklet has been printed and is all ready for assembly,but when the packaging was undone the wrong boxes have been made.Two CD box instead of the three CD box. These have now got to be made as they are a special and the delivery has been put back a further two weeks. I must say that although it is not funny we both laughed about this continuing catalogue of delays on this project.There can be few delays left to report ,but I do have visions of a big box ,last seen floating towards America on the high seas to finish this project off.

It will be out there one day!!

Just off for a sob in a lay bye.

Al

There can be few delays left to report

That seems like tempting fate. CDs abducted by concertina-loving aliens from planet Squeezebox? Trapped in a guerilla insurgency and used to make booby traps for heavy metal fans? Dissolved in an unexpected burst of acid rain? Labelled English International but inadvertently pressed with Des O'Connor's Greatest Hits?

Anyway, my sympathy. You must be cultivating a zen-like calm in the face of adversity...

Cheers,

Chris

That seems like tempting fate. CDs abducted by concertina-loving aliens from planet Squeezebox? Trapped in a guerilla insurgency and used to make booby traps for heavy metal fans? Dissolved in an unexpected burst of acid rain? Labelled English International but inadvertently pressed with Des O'Connor's Greatest Hits?

Anyway, my sympathy. You must be cultivating a zen-like calm in the face of adversity...

Cheers,

Chris

Des O'Conner International now there's a thought. Even if it sank to the bottom of the ocean the crabs would hand it back !!

Al

This sounds like a classic example of Hofstadter's Law.

Hofstadter's Law

Things always take longer than expected, even taking into account Hofstadter's Law

Don't be discouraged, it'll all be worth it in the end!

Corrected spelling of Hofstadter

Edited by davidcorner

There can be few delays left to report ,but I do have visions of a big box ,last seen floating towards America on the high seas to finish this project off.

Where they'll probably be seized on by Homeland Security, who'll see the dreaded word "concertina" on the box and subject it to a "controlled explosion"... :blink:

I reckon it's all a cunning plot, organised by the Heligonka players! :ph34r:

You must be cultivating a zen-like calm in the face of adversity...

Another seeker after Enlightenment, aum! <_<

Des O'Conner International now there's a thought. Even if it sank to the bottom of the ocean the crabs would hand it back !!

Wasn't there once a comedy sketch showing a Des O'Connor LP being used as bait on a fishing line? - the fish came leaping out of the water!

Wasn't there once a comedy sketch showing a Des O'Connor LP being used as bait on a fishing line? - the fish came leaping out of the water!

I'm certain that it was Morecombe & Wise (who did much to boost his career!).

Could not find it for certain, but found this clip which might make interesting viewing:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JQNYUJIW4sw

:rolleyes:

That was an advert for cigars, Hamlet iirc. The advert involved Russ Abbott lowering a speaker playing Des O'Connor records into the river. The fish gave themselves up and jumped straight into the keepnet.