Geuns Concertina

I just noticed that Concertina Connection doesn't advertise Geuns Concertina (aka Geuns-Wakker concertina) any more. Is it because concertina connection moved to the US ?? And are Geuns concertinas available still now ??

I got (and still have) 30 button anglo labelled "Geuns Wakker" in 2001. It is fast and sweet sounding box with Italian reeds.

Nowadays, we have many makers of Italian reeded concertinas, and I know Harry Geuns specializes in bandneon making. But it is pity if he had stopped making concertinas...

--

Taka

I just noticed that Concertina Connection doesn't advertise Geuns Concertina (aka Geuns-Wakker concertina) any more. Is it because concertina connection moved to the US ?? And are Geuns concertinas available still now ??

Taka,

I guess Wim's move to the United States may well explain this, though Harry Geuns moved to Belgium a while ago too, so neither of them is in Holland anymore. Harry's own website (http://www.bandoneon-maker.com/) still lists his English and Anglo concertinas: http://www.bandoneon-maker.com/concertinas.htm, though it also still mentions Concertina Connection, so perhaps that needs revising?

Nowadays, we have many makers of Italian reeded concertinas, and I know Harry Geuns specializes in bandoneon making. But it is pity if he had stopped making concertinas...

Taka

Supposedly, Guens is planning a Wick-Hayden system bandoneon. A *big* bandoneon, not a concertina, unforch. Wim Wakker is taking care of that end.

--Mike K.

Dear list members,

We produced the "Geuns-Wakker" concertinas during our joint venture with the "Concertina-Connection"

Although the Concertina Connection recently has moved to the USA , we still are producing Anglo- , English treble - as well as Baritone concertinas at the brand name "Geuns Concertinas Belgium".

Regards

Harry Geuns

Bandonion & Concertina Maker