Odd One On Ebay

Pete Dunk

Is this a Wiki duet concertina? I've not seen a MacCann with less than 46 buttons and it does have six rows (sort of) but it does look kind of odd. <_<

This is really weird. The keyboard layout is that for a 40 key Lachenal (Wheatstone) Anglo, yet the vendor says it is the same note in either direction. :unsure:

I asked him if he was quite sure about the same note both ways, and he said no, his wife did it! But "someone who knows more about them" is looking at it on Wednesday - I'm guessing it will be a scout for Chris Algar! My money's on a 40-key Anglo and a tone-deaf wife.

I've not seen a MacCann with less than 46 buttons and it does have six rows (sort of) but it does look kind of odd.

39-key Maccanns are fairly common. This is not one, although the seller now says it is. 39-key Maccanns are the lowest of the low, but that concertina looks rather nice. If it is a duet, it is quite unique. It must be an Anglo.

I asked him if he was quite sure about the same note both ways, and he said no, his wife did it! But "someone who knows more about them" is looking at it on Wednesday - I'm guessing it will be a scout for Chris Algar! My money's on a 40-key Anglo and a tone-deaf wife.

Well done guys!

He took it off and relisted as an anglo - and he's got a little greedy!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-LACHENAL-ANG...1QQcmdZViewItem