Wheatstone #36087

janed

Wes,

With much due respect the instrument appears to have 5 rows and a 3T deignation for "Crane" "Triumph".

Or did i miss something?

Greg

Agreed, and the photos seem to show both ends - with five rows of five keys on one end and five rows of six keys on the other, a grand total of 55 keys. Despite the reference in the ledgers to this instrument having nickel ends, price lists from that era state that metal ends will be chrome plated and that seems to be the case looking at the pics.

With much due respect .....

Don't grovel, Greg - I dropped off big time, so just thrash me! Just shows how many mistakes I make trying to do things quickly at lunchtime. My 65 button estimate (10 too many) was because I counted the buttons in a column on each side and multiplied by the Maccann number of rows (six). :blink: But at least I got the link right!

Wes,

I've never thought of paying proper respect as groveling. You have probably forgotten more than I know about concertinas. And you have always shared your knowledge in a clear and patient way.

OK, I'll quit this round of groveling and finish by saying you are allowed an occasional mistake, even a whopper.

Best,

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas