Lachenal On E-bay Sold Quick

juhu

I just went on e-bay, and saw a 30 button metal ended lachenal , buy it now £975.00.Only 13 viewers and it sold just as i saw it, it had only been on 1 hour-just.

It was in very good restored condition. A pretty good price i guess. Anyone hear grab it?

Item no, 120144492153 , i think you can still see it on e-bay, sorry , i couldn't work out how to do a proper link.

Edited by juhu

I just went on e-bay, and saw a 30 button metal ended lachenal , buy it now £975.00.Only 13 viewers and it sold just as i saw it, it had only been on 1 hour-just.

It was in very good restored condition. A pretty good price i guess. Anyone hear grab it?

Item no, 120144492153 , i think you can still see it on e-bay, sorry , i couldn't work out how to do a proper link.

Just noticed your post here. I bought the Lachenal. I'll let you know how it looks when it has arrived. Will probably be a week or two...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it came today, and it's beautiful. I've never had a metal ended concertina, but I've played a Suttner, a Jeffries, a Carroll, and plenty of wooden ended Lachenals, and this one is incredible. I am still at work... When I get home tonight I will have a peek inside and play. Beyond knowing that I am absolutely thrilled, is there anything in particular you would like to know about this beauty?

Edited by John Sylte

I have made a video to share with you all, but it is 106 MB. Photobucket and You Tube allow a maximum of 100MB. Do any of you know of a free video host that allows 200MB? Please feel free to IM me, or shoot me an email if that's easier.

Thanks!

John,

Your new Lachenal sounds great! I just returned from a week with Noel Hill, and we had a number of Lachenals there to compare. One was like yours, with the best reeds and metal ends. The tone was comparable to any of the Wheatstones, Crabbs, and Suttners there. In my humble opinion, of course.

Ken Shaw

FYI, the answer is Google Videos...

So, as requested,

My New Old Lachenal

If that doesn't work as a link, copy and paste this feller...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...&pr=goog-sl

Enjoy!

Hi John,

Enjoyed your playing on this video; nice-sounding box. Novel idea for a music chair too!

Regards,

Peter.

Hey John,

I can see you finally started playing tunes in their right octaves! ;) Good stuff man!

Az, the mean french canadian

G--- I mean, Az... It's comforting to know I can conjur your presence by simply playing a tune an octave up!I'm sure you'll be quite impressed to note that I am playing a D tune on a C/G box... :)

Peter, that chair is my favorite. 1 old milk can + 1 old tractor seat = 1 well ventilated and extremely comfortable music chair!

Edited by John Sylte