A Concertina Article

I just got my contributor copies today of the Spring Issue of Pirates! Magazine which features an article (by me) about a brief history of concertinas and their connection to Hollywood pirate and other nautical movies.

http://piratesmagazine.com/

Sadly, the article is not available online. As soon as this issue of the magazine is off the newsstands, I am going to ask the editor for permission to reprint it in the article section of C-Net.

I'm tickled with the layout, including a lovely photo of my Edgley and my student Wheatstone. How the Stagi got in there, I do not know. Frank, your copy is on the way, as promised.

At the end of the article, I invite interested readers to check us out here. Prepare for a pirate invasion :)

Hello,

I hope that the editor lets you put it up here, I would very much like to see that.

I admit that I have never heard of the magazine, where is it published? I know a few pirates who might like to see it.

Russell Hedges

You might be interested to know that accordng to the tenets of Pastafarianism we are all descended from pirates, as is shown by the fact we share nearly all our DNA, Jim lad!

Chris

Speak for yourself Chris. I'm very picky about who I share my DNA with.

The magazine is based in Maryland. Apparently the editor is quite the regular at the Maryland Renaissance Faire.

I was quite pleased with the layout, other than lack of captions for the pics I sent.