Digital Images Of Wheatstone Tinas

OLDNICKILBY

Just an idea but the work that has been done on the ledgers is formidable and to say the least impresive.

The thought has occured to me that it would be possible to create images of the existing concertinas and

cross relate them to the numerical version of the ledgers.The need for anonimity may be a consideration. I suppose most of us have Digital cameras and it should be possible to creat a web site that we could download the pics to and even those of concertinas that we had "spotted". It could be a sort of Tinapedia.Why stop at the wheatstones include all the other makers as well

I thought that I would float it as an idea.

What do we think?

Hi

I think that this idea, if followed up, could eventually tell us a fair bit about the concertina production of the makers other than Wheatstone (a potential to create different makers ledgers). With regard to anonymity, it would be unnecessary to know who owned what concertina or even how many concertinas for this to be a viable excercise. I do feel that it would require some thought into creating a web based recording system tho. Possibly someone with website creating ability could help.

chris

it occured to me after posting that it may serve as an incentive to create a photographic record of your own concertina -useful in insurance issues

Edited by chris