Aug.20-22 Midwest Squeeze In

Helen

:rolleyes: Marydale, where Noell Hill's Midwest music school is being held this year has the weekend after the camp, Friday with dinner through Sunday open.

We can reserve this if we want it. I need to give her a number of attendees and number of meals to get the price. All meals are included in the price plus lodging.

We can use the same rooms for music that the music school will use during the previous week.

I would like to do this if there is interest. I can not be responsible financially for this.

Sooooooooooo, what do you think?

Helen

PS January 15, Thursday, is my birthday. I expect to hear music being played all over the world in celebration!

January 15, Thursday, is my birthday. I expect to hear music being played all over the world in celebration!

Well, there's an Irish session tonight in Helsingborg (in southern Sweden). Maybe I can instigate a round of "Happy Birthday". :)

(Edited to add the smiley.)

Edited by JimLucas

Count me in, even if I may have to leave early Sunday.

And happy birthday, Helen! Tonight's practice will be in your honor!

(edited to add birthday greetings)

Edited by Rhomylly

Helen, I know you're kidding, but to be serious for a moment, every new state means a new teacher license. So far in Mass. I have spent a total of, let's see, $330 between the license and the test, in spite of three graduate degrees in the field I wanted to be licensed in, and in spite of having taught it in another state and at several Universities. And all I have to show for it so far is a provisional, emergency license (which makes me a "Low Quality" teacher under the No Child Left Behind Law). No, two states is enough. For you folks in other lands, this is another laughable, stupid thing we do in the U.S. -- 51 different authorities for certifying teachers. I'd better leave off this subject.

The issue (which has also kept me from a number of summer programs in recent years) is knowing when I need to start work. Some schools start as early as the second week of August, others in mid-September. I missed a job offer three years ago while at a concertina class and spent that year substitute teaching and not living or eating very well. And you don't earn enough to support a concertina-buying habit either! If I do hit job security for next Fall I may spend this summer not at the schools in the U.S., but going to Sidmouth or some place like that. Would love to lift a pint with all the folks we hear from over there. -_- Hope y'all would forgive me - I suport your idea wholeheartedly.

;) I'm thinking there is not a lot of interest in doing this Midwest Squeeze In this year which is OK. We can generate more interest and do it next year. I was to email the Marydale place back with numbers so we could get a price. We only have a few people expressing interest. So perhaps we should wait until 2005. We would need to reserve Marydale to get the facility for the Squeeze In. Otherwise someone else might reserve it.

So, are people wanting to wait a year?

Helen