Sheet Music For "lord Franklin"?

Nicholas

I was just remembering Pentangle's version of Lord Franklin and was wondering if anyone has the sheet music? I have found the lyrics and, if pressed I could sound out the melody, but I would be very grateful if anyone could perhaps attach it to an email? Thank you.

Guest Mick Diles
I was just remembering Pentangle's version of Lord Franklin and was wondering if anyone has the sheet music? I have found the lyrics and, if pressed I could sound out the melody, but I would be very grateful if anyone could perhaps attach it to an email? Thank you.

Try this link ;)

That's great, thank you! Now this is a non-concertina question. Has anyone found a web site that will automatically transpose music you input from one key to another? So that if I wanted to play this song in G instead of E, I could cut and paste it into a converter, hit a button for the Key of G and voila!

That's great, thank you! Now this is a non-concertina question. Has anyone found a web site that will automatically transpose music you input from one key to another? So that if I wanted to play this song in G instead of E, I could cut and paste it into a converter, hit a button for the Key of G and voila!

I don't know of a web site like that, at least not one that deals with printed music in standard notation. But try the following:

• Print out the music.
  • Use whiteout to "erase" the top line of the staff (being careful to keep the note stems that stick up that high).
  • Use a straightedge and pen to "add" a new line at the bottom. I.e., make the little lines that go through the middle-C notes into one continuous line all the way across.
  • Extend the bar lines down to that new bottom line, and "clip" them at the top where they extend above the now-highest line.
  • The notes are now all placed correctly for the key of G; fix the key signature to match.

For the E-to-G example you requested, this is a nifty trick. It doesn't generalize to all pairs of keys, and can even require some additional adjustments between those keys on different tunes.

Jim's method is très cool for that particular key change!

Nicholas, for other key changes you can get the ABC file of the score from Mick's link and can drop it on Jens Wollschläger's ABC-Transposer. If this tool is no longer available at the original link it can be found at other sites using a Google search. You need to copy all the required headers but only need to copy to where the ABC stops. It'll transpose the melody but scramble the lyrics and mess with the chords so you should paste in the correct the lyrics and rewrite fouled chords if you need them or close up space between the bars if you delete the lyrics after it's transposed. You then drop the file on the Convert-a-matic on this site.

• 2 months later...