Another Ebay Fraud

Paul Read

Hi folks:

I placed the winning bid for Paul's concertina.

Paul - since, by rights i won the auction, please wrap your Wheatstone up and send it along when you have time. It sure looks like a beauty......

I didn't want anyone to get stuck with it so I topped the bids, knowing that sooner or later EBAY would catch up and kill the thing.

By the way - the seller not only changed the name on the account, but also changed the user information available to the buyer, so everything matched. The only mistake he made lay in offering Paypal, but not having the same account name or E-mail address.

Best - Ed

Hi folks:

Paul - since, by rights i won the auction, please wrap your Wheatstone up and send it along when you have time. It sure looks like a beauty......

I didn't want anyone to get stuck with it so I topped the bids, knowing that sooner or later EBAY would catch up and kill the thing.

By the way - the seller not only changed the name on the account, but also changed the user information available to the buyer, so everything matched. The only mistake he made lay in offering Paypal, but not having the same account name or E-mail address.

Best - Ed

Nice one Ed.

It'll be interesting to know how the whole thing ends (i.e. do ebay kill it or are there more twists).

Thanks for doing this, Ed.

I'm curious: did eBay communicate with you after they took down the listing post-sale? And if they did, what did they say?

Hi folks:

Best - Ed

Edited by Daniel Hersh

Did they say why they had closed it, or give any info on how to reply to the message?

Daniel:

They sent me an E-mail stating that they had closed the auction, and suggested some ways I might (might being the operative word) recoup my losses. Nice. Ed.

Curious, what was your winning bid amount?

Hi folks:

Best - Ed

So this morning I had a PR e-mail from Ebay asking me to fill out a questionnaire re the their service on my recent question.............they received a very long reply.

I think the item sold for US$2550 which is cheap for a Wheatstone tenor-treble from the prime period in concert pitch (although it does need some work). I suspect our activity here kept the price down.

.............they received a very long reply.

I'll bet! :rolleyes:

I think the item sold for US$2550 ...

I thought I saw a price closer to 3 1/2k before it disappeared off the screen, but I could be wrong? :unsure:

So could I. Your number sounds more reasonable.