New Concertina Definition T-shirts

Richard Morse

I took everyone's t-shirt comments to heart when the thread about concertina t-shirts came up last month - and have created a NEW concertina definition t-shirt! More accurate, nicer artwork (ahem...) and available from the Button Box - check out the Gift Ideas page. That takes care of a lot of my Christmas gifts this year!

Definition.jpg

• 9 months later...
I took everyone's t-shirt comments to heart when the thread about concertina t-shirts came up last month - and have created a NEW concertina definition t-shirt! More accurate, nicer artwork (ahem...) and available from the Button Box - check out the Gift Ideas page. That takes care of a lot of my Christmas gifts this year!

Definition.jpg

Coming in late on this one... but it'd be nice if ya had two things: 1:An option of an English Concertina, and 2:2X or 3X (if you don't have 'em already).

Are you the one selling them on eBay or is that someone else?

Coming in late on this one... but it'd be nice if ya had two things: 1:An option of an English Concertina, and 2:2X or 3X (if you don't have 'em already).
We do have 2X but not 3X. I don't know if we've had anyone ask for that size yet.... At any rate we can have a few of them made up next time we run the lot.
Are you the one selling them on eBay or is that someone else?
That's some other guy with a different concertina definition shirt. I've been thinking about eBaying ours there in order to "get the word out". Soon would be a good time as people start thinking about Christmas gifts for their squeezebuddies.

-- Rich --

Definition.jpg

Coming in late on this one...
Also coming in late... Don't know how I missed this last year. The pronunciation seems inconsistent: The first and second syllables use special characters, but not the third and fourth. Most dictionary pronunciation systems avoid digraphs, and might have used e with macron instead of "ee" and another schwa instead of "uh". Funny that those last two syllables that are the ones least affected by dialect; even being about constant either side of the Atlantic.

Here's a typical pronunciation guide and a typically-bad definition:

http://www.bartleby.com/61/58/C0545800.html

I won't ask you to start making a Chemnitzer version of the shirt. Maybe I'll do that.

The pronunciation seems inconsistent...
I wouldn't know as my English is very poor. I'm just the artistic director and defer to others at our place for linguistic input. I'm not surprised that it's inconsistent as so many of us wanted things one way or the other, some didn't like the "k" at the beginning, some argued that "nah" at the end was derogatory, some thought that almost no one would be familiar with strange markings (let alone which set of them), etc. So it's a hodgepodge of stuff.

-- Rich --

The pronunciation seems inconsistent...
I wouldn't know as my English is very poor. I'm just the artistic director and defer to others at our place for linguistic input. I'm not surprised that it's inconsistent as so many of us wanted things one way or the other, some didn't like the "k" at the beginning, some argued that "nah" at the end was derogatory, some thought that almost no one would be familiar with strange markings (let alone which set of them), etc. So it's a hodgepodge of stuff.

-- Rich --

i think the hodgepodge makes the shirt endearing! merriam-webster online lists it as \ˌkän(t)-sər-ˈtē-nə\, which is no fun.

any chance you'll offer the shirt in small or medium?

also, is that a morse ceili in the picture?

Edited by david_boveri

any chance you'll offer the shirt in small or medium?
Yup, next time we place and order which will be soon. I'll also look into getting some 3x made as well.
also, is that a morse ceili in the picture?
Yes it is! I figured that if I was doing the art I might as well make it one of our boxes.

-- Rich --