Online Tutors

m3838

OK folks. It's been asked befroe, I tried to research it, but at no avail.

Remind me please of some online tutors for English Concertina.

Also would be nice to be adviced about some off the shelf tutors, focusing on classical music, with number of good arrangements for EC.

Thanks.

Also would be nice to be adviced about some off the shelf tutors, focusing on classical music, with number of good arrangements for EC.

Thanks.

Try this one:

http://www.concertina.com/butler/butler-th...rtina-tutor.pdf

Thanks.

Try this one:

http://www.concertina.com/butler/butler-th...rtina-tutor.pdf

Thanks. I tried this. I just don't know how to download it. So far I hand copied Romance by Beethoven and am working on it. Not that beautiful of a tune and a bit too low for my baritone. But interesting nonetheless. I may try to re-copy it an octave higher. (hmm, good idea)

It has very few polyphonic pieces. I'd like to find something else too.

Russian bayan books are good, but I had a hard time with those websites. Very slow and crashing alot.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.

Here's Neil Waynes web site

http://www.free-reed.co.uk/

He might tell you how to download it

Then there's this lady of course

http://www.concertina-academy.com/

Chas

Edited by fidjit

DEAR M3838: if it's a classical-oriented tutor you're looking for. . . .and one that goes beyond playing monophonic tunes. . . . you might look at the one that i published (actually it was the Button Box that published it) a few years ago: CONTEMPLATING THE CONCERTINA. . .. . . . . . .it's not for beginners, however...................Allan

DEAR M3838: if it's a classical-oriented tutor you're looking for. . . .and one that goes beyond playing monophonic tunes. . . . you might look at the one that i published (actually it was the Button Box that published it) a few years ago: CONTEMPLATING THE CONCERTINA. . .. . . . . . .it's not for beginners, however...................Allan

Back from vacation.

Thanks for your suggestions. I copied them into my concertina file and will be searching.

I recently bought this and am enjoying it greatly. Much to play and plenty to read also. I'd say its essential for anyone wanting to develop their skills on English beyond the usual material - the Bach pieces sound particularly good.

Tom

I recently bought this and am enjoying it greatly. Much to play and plenty to read also. I'd say its essential for anyone wanting to develop their skills on English beyond the usual material - the Bach pieces sound particularly good.

Tom

Just ordered it from the Button Box.

Thanks.