Lachenal 'excelsiors' On Ebay

chris

hi

anyone know what happened to a couple of Lahcenal 'Excelsiors' that where for sale on ebay. They seem to have disappeared, can't find them on current listing or on 'completed' list. Wasn't going to bid ( I've already got one -tho reidentified, by Chris Algar, on one of the postings as 'The Inimitable' [Excelsior was so much easier to say. Try saying 'an Inimitable] {shucks I've run out of bracket styles}) but was interested in the sale price

chris

hi

anyone know what happened to a couple of Lahcenal 'Excelsiors' that where for sale on ebay.

Well, one went yesterday evening for £711 - quite a nice little instrument, but its a lot to fork out for "sight unseen" despite the excellent photographs.

hi guys

I think that was the same one. The other one was particularly interesting to me as its serial number was only 15 later than mine. Perhaps they were part of a production run. Peru though :huh:

chris

For what it's worth, I was the seller of the Inimitable that went for £711, and, inspired by the slightly surprising price, also the buyer of the one from darkest Peru (which, of course, I haven't yet seen).

I hope no one out there begrudges me the £711, by the way. If you tot up the time the restoration took me, I reckon I've been working for around £3 an hour!

All the best,

David