Regondi's Serenade For Concertina Sheet Music

Mike Pierceall

Allan Atlas' book The Wheatstone English Concertina in Victorian England is available on Amazon, and it contains the written music.

Douglas Rogers recorded it on "The Great Regondi" Vol 1. amazon.com has sound clips.

Edit: just noticed you wrote A minor... did you mean that? The one referred to in the rest of this thread is A major (though it starts in the minor).

Edited by RatFace

Could any of you kind people direct me to a source for the sheet music to Regondi's "Serenade for Concertina and Piano in A minor"?
I spent a few minutes with Google and found this among other references.

Noticing that that link was at Concertina Connection, and knowing that they sell copies of some music, I checked their web site. Yes, they sell copies of that piece, and here's the link.

Edit: just noticed you wrote A minor... did you mean that? The one referred to in the rest of this thread is A major (though it starts in the minor).

I guess one could argue that it's in both minor and major, though only the minority is in minor, while the majority is in major. B)

Allan Atlas' book The Wheatstone English Concertina in Victorian England is available on Amazon, and it contains the written music.

Douglas Rogers recorded it on "The Great Regondi" Vol 1. amazon.com has sound clips.

I must have been in a minor mood when I posted. You're right. I should have said major. I've wanted to play it since hearing it on the "Playing the Concertina" documentary. It took a while to connect a title to it. I don't think it's listed in the end credits. Thank you for your help. Mike

Edited to state that the documentary "Playing the Concertina" does list "Serenade" by Regondi in the end credits and sleeve. An oversight on my part. Sorry, folks.

Edited by michaelpier

I spent a few minutes with Google and found this among other references. Also, perhaps this observation will be of interest.

Hope these links are of use to you. If not, perhaps further exploration via Google will turn up a better source.

Bruce, thanks for the lead. That's the one! Pauline de Snoo also plays an excerpt in a short video on her website.