Juliette Daum's Website

PeterT

Guest Mick Diles
Nice. Veeeerrry nice! :)

Partly agree with you Jim.

Graphics are overdone (especially the links page)

I see underlined words that are no links at all (confusing)

I see about 5 font-types/sizes on one page!!

... but... how she plays!!!!

Nice. Veeeerrry nice! :)
Partly agree with you Jim.
Graphics are overdone (especially the links page)

Matter of opinion, I suspect. She's projecting her personality, not yours.

Or could it be your browser? A problem I see is that it displays quite differently in Mozilla (same as Netscape, I believe) from what it does in MS Internet Explorer. (Maybe some private communication can get that resolved.)

I see underlined words that are no links at all (confusing)

Some folks (hi, Chris ;)) remember when underlining was a standard means of emphasizing text, before some "standardizers" tried to coerce us into using it always and only for links. Just as I resist those who try to corrupt the word "respect" to mean "obedience", I resist that restriction, though my primary means of resistance is to use non-underlined highlights to designate links. :ph34r:

I see about 5 font-types/sizes on one page!!

Me, too. Excellent use of differences in graphic detail to convey information about different classes of information on the page! :)

... but... how she plays!!!!

Here we seem to be in agreement.

A problem I see is that it displays quite differently in Mozilla (same as Netscape, I believe) from what it does in MS Internet Explorer.

Correction. It displays the same -- and I therefor assume properly -- in both Mozilla and MSIE. The difference I observed appears to have been a transient corruption of a couple of pages in Mozilla. I haven't the foggiest idea what might have caused it, since I found myself able to switch back and forth between the corrupt and non-corrupt copies in the same open browser window.

But I don't think the problem -- which I haven't been able to repeat in a new browser window -- is likely to be a result of anything Juliette did. So I'll continue to say, Good job!

Edited by JimLucas

Nice. I see Juliette took my advice and used my favorite picture on her web site (at the bottom). Of course, I would like to have seen it on the CD cover.

More unsolicited advice, Juliette: Add the address of the web site to your home page here at concertina.net. Click the "Edit my profile" link at the bottom and then paste it into the appropriate field.

Edited by David Barnert

Nice. I see Juliette took my advice and used my favorite picture on her web site (at the bottom). Of course, I would like to have seen it on the CD cover.

I concur David. That shot from the Templar chapel is stunning. Her otherworldy expression, the light, the stone alter and the almost alive serpentine bellows of her concertina really sets a tone.

P.S. While we are on the subject of websites: My Dominique has her new one just up! She's wild about it and if you look at the credits at the bottm of the page you'll notice it was created by one of our members, Jim Lucas. Bravo!

Edited by Mark Evans

Or could it be your browser? A problem I see is that it displays quite differently in Mozilla (same as Netscape, I believe) from what it does in MS Internet Explorer. (Maybe some private communication can get that resolved.)

Could be a screen thing rather than a browser.

I've just tried IE, Firefox on Windows and Linux, on various machines, and it's pretty much the same on both browsers, but with my laptop (ultra wide high res screen) the mosaic of graphics on the RHS of the screen is a bit overwhelming... and linux doesn't make a good job of the windows fonts.

I look forward to seeing the sound samples, Hope they're mp3s (i usually use linux and wma's are tricky.

(Jim, I really like Dominiques page - but here too a plea for non-wma files or a choice - I'd love to hear the samples without having to go searching for a windows computer).

Chris

Every time I try to access Juliette's website, my computer crashes. :( Is this some kind of omen? :unsure:

Keep trying, Chris, it's worth the effort! :)

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. :) I have tried again a couple of times, with out success. It seems to be all Daum and gloom! :angry: Oh, well..... Nice CD though. :)

Chris

I have tried again a couple of times, with out success. It seems to be all Daum and gloom! :angry: Oh, well..... Nice CD though. :)

Hi Chris,

I'm really puzzled as to why you are having a problem accessing Juliette's website. Is anyone else having difficulties?

Regards,

Peter.

Guest Mick Diles
I'm really puzzled as to why you are having a problem accessing Juliette's website. Is anyone else having difficulties?

Regards,

Peter.

At this moment I do not see the site at all. Get a message like: "The page cannot be displayed"

:(

Edited by Mick Diles