Scales And Chords For 30 Button Anglo

stevejay

Can anyone direct me to a good site for anglo scales? I recall a site that had diagrams and alternate fingerings for scales quite a ways back, but now I locate nothing. Other than the "advanced chords" site I found little on this topic as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. If someone can send me a link to this topic here, I'd appreciate it. It is so fundamental, I'm sure there was a great thread or 2 in the past.

Edited by stevejay

Can anyone direct me to a good site for anglo scales? I recall a site that had diagrams and alternate fingerings for scales quite a ways back, but now I locate nothing. Other than the "advanced chords" site I found little on this topic as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. If someone can send me a link to this topic here, I'd appreciate it. It is so fundamental, I'm sure there was a great thread or 2 in the past.

Steve, one think you can try is something I did. I got an inexpensive book on keyboard chords (it includes some 800 of them) from a music store. Then I diagrammed where the notes of the most common 3 note chords existed on my concertina. I then made a list of the finger positions for myself and practiced playing them. I don't have any real music training so I found the exercise a good learning experience. It also showed which of the chords can be played while pushing or played in the same octave while pulling, using different buttons. Also found some chords that one would have to be double jointed to be able to play. Most of those I deleted from my list until I evolve into a concertina-playing orangutang. If you can find the diagrams on the web that's great, but working them up for yourself is kind of fun too. Good luck.

Does that mean you're really a teddy bear? :)

Nope, teddy is my brother. Let me introduce myself, I'm billy bear, short, fat and very cuddly. I'm also a professional hugologest, I collect and distribute hugs.

Oh BTW I'm just a dummy when it comes to concertinas. I know very little about them (so far). I love to play the harmonica and I love the sounds of a harmonica. However my emphysema is slowly making it harder to play the harmonica so I thought I'd try a concertina. A single reed Anglo seems it should be close to the sounds of a harmonica.