Lachenal Revisited - A Most Puzzling Mystery

squeezora

I went back to LACHENAL last Sunday and found a strange connection to myself and my concertina playing. I'm writing it all down now and will post the story of this adventure shortly. It all seems to me to be unbelievable. It was one of the strangest days I could ever have imagined.

In the meantime, I got my picture taken by the LACHENAL road sign and one of the local denizens insisted on posing with me. This is what years of drinking "PASTISSE" can do to a guy. I've even seen it happen to people from the NORTH when they come down here and aren't careful with their drinking.

Juliette

I went back to LACHENAL last Sunday and found a strange connection to myself and my concertina playing. I'm writing it all down now and will post the story of this adventure shortly. It all seems to me to be unbelievable. It was one of the strangest days I could ever have imagined.

In the meantime, I got my picture taken by the LACHENAL road sign and one of the local denizens insisted on posing with me. This is what years of drinking "PASTISSE" can do to a guy. I've even seen it happen to people from the NORTH when they come down here and aren't careful with their drinking.

Juliette

That's a nice picture Juliette. I am very "from the North" and have been drinking some French stuff called Absinthe :ph34r: :ph34r: but I still look "normal" for my age. I'm looking forward to your story of the "strangest day that you can imagine"

Anyway.. at the beginning of July I will go from The Netherlands to Grenoble by caravan. I'm looking for an interesting place to stop halfway.. :unsure:

In the meantime, I got my picture taken by the LACHENAL road sign and one of the local denizens insisted on posing with me.

Wait a minute -- you're posing there with a Wheatstone! I think the scary local was there to try and keep you from getting past the village entrance with that thing....

:o

Steven

In the meantime, I got my picture taken by the LACHENAL road sign and one of the local denizens insisted on posing with me.

Wait a minute -- you're posing there with a Wheatstone! I think the scary local was there to try and keep you from getting past the village entrance with that thing....

Steven

No Problem, just send me your nice Lachenal and I'll go back and have another snapshot taken,

Juliette

This is what years of drinking "PASTISSE" can do to a guy. I've even seen it happen to people from the NORTH when they come down here and aren't careful with their drinking.

Juliette

I remember Pastisse. At least I think I do. Clear liquid, add a few drops of water, a milky substance when ingested time and memory loss are possible? Yup that's the stuff. Man, that was 25 years back when I thought I brain cells to burn. I know I attened a music festival in Nante and had one bang-up time, but the rest is very foggy :blink: .

Henk from the north has faired far better that I who hails from the deep south...ya'll.

Edited by Mark Evans

Steven

No Problem, just send me your nice Lachenal and I'll go back and have another snapshot taken,

Juliette

I'd be glad to trade with you -- that looks like a very nice concertina you've got there!

;)

Steven

I'm still dying of curiosity...

I'm still dying of curiosity...

Yes, Juliette should take up writing when she's not playing excellent music......she certainly knows how to keep us in suspense. Just imagine the TV drama "to be continued next week".

Regards,

Peter.