Frappr

Search of Concertina Net found Frappr page info and looked it up. I don't believe it has been mentioned here since February. Since then the page has grown steadily to 99 place holders on the map. Interesting statistics of Anglo/English/other mix. Interesting to see if anybody lives close. Anybody have any experience with it both good or bad? Might be good way to use info instead of polls for some information? ?

Here is the page

http://www.frappr.com/concertinaplayers

Thanks in advance for anyone's opinion

Leo

Edited by Leo

Since we have dial-up now, some sites don't move along very quickly on our computer, BUT -- we just upgraded to better dialup AND I finally did get my own laptop, soooo.... I noticed yesterday that Frappr works much better for me now.

I have considered using the BLOG option there, even added and then deleted an entry. I'm not much of a blogger, but, what I would do is make it all just related to my concertina practice. (Thus, my blogs might be a bit short, but, whatever.)

We've had a wild stressful night so I'll get to it later and decide for sure. I've been up all night dealing with a cat that's gone psycho or something.

I like the map, too, though I am not much of a traveler anyway.

Hey! I made more progress with my frappr.com site. I even put in a photo for a background, and started a blog.

I would add everyone in the 'concertina players' group as a 'friend' on my map, but, I don't really 'get' how to do that yet and it's not very significant for me right now, I guess.

Please don't think I'm disloyal to THIS site, concertina.net....THIS is the site that has the forum. The other one is for my blog, basically. Much better forum here!

....THIS is the site that has the forum. ................. Much better forum here!

Couldn't agree more! I was honored to be a guest and trolled around here looking for answers for a few months before I joined concertina.net and bought my Morse Albion, which I am very happy with. The Interest I have in the Frappr page is graphically: "does anybody live around me", and even though it has not been enabled (Place) was hoping to find a place to go to listen to music. (I guess a body would need the owners permission to put place name on the map). Also on this page is room for online chat if a person is so inclined. I remember reading some discussion here somewhere and some time ago about it.

Again here is the only place to be. Friendly, patient with new people like me asking the same questions, they've heard countless times before and free with their suggestions. I'm grateful for their effort and knowledge and would not like to change that, just supplement.

Thanks all for noticing my post and all the replies

Leo

SStilll cant spiell too gud

Edited by Leo

• 3 months later...

Just for the record, I recently terminated my frappr.com site, and so that action automatically removed me from the Concertina Players frappr site.

At first, I was just going to edit my site and keep the membership (which is free), but...I had some problems with that. For some reason frappr just wasn't working out for me anymore.

So....that's where I went.

I have never been able to get the frappr page to load on either of my browsers. It must use the latest java or whatever markup language we are up to now. So I haven't tried to get on the map. This may apply to others, so I wouldn't presume you'll find everyone there.

Geoff is right (and Wright!), adding location to your profile here is a great boon if you want others to find you.

Ken

Just for the record, I recently terminated my frappr.com site, and so that action automatically removed me from the Concertina Players frappr site.

At first, I was just going to edit my site and keep the membership (which is free), but...I had some problems with that. For some reason frappr just wasn't working out for me anymore.

So....that's where I went.

Disappointment. Your blog updates were a pleasure to look forward to. I will miss them. :(

I believe since the last couple of days, they have finalized their beta testing with a new quick loading layout. It might be worth a look.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

, adding location to your profile here is a great boon if you want others to find you.

Ken

Ken:

It seems Frappr has just finished their beta testing of their page and finalized the layout. It should load quicker now. It's now up to 110 members with markers.

Is there a way for us "mortal earthlings" to search using the "from" field as a search criterion in this forum? It seems to be the only thing missing under members options search. Short of looking at each persons individual information, it's not listed on the database information. Maybe I'm missing something.

By the way, Thanks, you and Paul do nice work. Appreciate your efforts.

Leo

Edited by Leo

adding location to your profile here is a great boon if you want others to find you.
Make sure you post your exact street address and the total value of all concertinas in the home. <_<
Is there a way for us "mortal earthlings" to search using the "from" field as a search criterion in this forum?
It's not exactly the same, but I usually go to the member's profile page and click on "Profile Options" and "Find member's posts" or "Find member's topics".