Posting Here Since Email Yields No Response

bellowbelle

I've rearranged my web stuff a bit, though, basically, I've become an 'offline girl,' since I doubt the value of me continuing on much with the internet in general, etc...

Anyway, I made an MP3 recording of 'Banish Misfortune' that is supposedly going to work out (maybe not) for the Concertina.net 'Big Band' that is being organized by Henk and by Alan Day.

I tried to contact Henk via e-mail as instructed on the page for the CNet Big Band, but my email (both coming and going) has been a bit if-y, so I'm just posting this note to say that the same recording is on my (freebie) web page. The data transfer allowance is a bit low, since I'm a freeloader there, so if the page gets too many hits, you have to wait and come back to it later.

I would normally email files, but, well....we've switched down to dialup internet (we're a bit retro, here) and I'm not sure it's possible...hasn't worked much, so far, to share MP3s!!

I'm more interested, these days, in using media cards for offline storage, than in getting furthermore entangled with the internet. I use my TV set and card reader-writers. (Still must use the computer some, of course.)

I've rearranged my web stuff a bit, though, basically, I've become an 'offline girl,' since I doubt the value of me continuing on much with the internet in general, etc...

Anyway, I made an MP3 recording of 'Banish Misfortune' that is supposedly going to work out (maybe not) for the Concertina.net 'Big Band' that is being organized by Henk and by Alan Day.

I tried to contact Henk via e-mail as instructed on the page for the CNet Big Band, but my email (both coming and going) has been a bit if-y, so I'm just posting this note to say that the same recording is on my (freebie) web page. The data transfer allowance is a bit low, since I'm a freeloader there, so if the page gets too many hits, you have to wait and come back to it later.

I would normally email files, but, well....we've switched down to dialup internet (we're a bit retro, here) and I'm not sure it's possible...hasn't worked much, so far, to share MP3s!!

I'm more interested, these days, in using media cards for offline storage, than in getting furthermore entangled with the internet. I use my TV set and card reader-writers. (Still must use the computer some, of course.)

Many thanks Wendy,you are now a member of the band.

I know Henk is busy at the moment,he is now a member of a band and it is taking up a lot of his time.I will Email him and you should get a response.

Well done and thank you

Al

Wendy,

I could download your Banish Misfortune playing. So I have now two BM contributions:

Wendy on EC and Jim Lucas on whistle. Maybe some more contributors??

Okay....another one. I've added 'The Connet Waltz' to my site. (Again, I would email the file, but we have bare-bones dial-up and adding attachments is difficult....went and made some coffee while uploading to Geocities!)

Well, when I recorded my version of 'Banish Misfortune,' I never did play it back along with a track of Henk's rendition, because I'd played along with the CD I made of the MP3 from online, without any real problem.

This time, though, I'm not too sure about things. I DID play it back, a track of me and a track of Allan, and...yikes....though I was in time with him when I made the recording, I just can't seem to get a nice perfect finished blend. So...I don't know. I've edited all that I dare to.

Of course, I'll try again and do it all over, if it's not going to work out.

And, a word to anyone who is going to make a recording of any of the tunes for the CNet Big Band....DO NOT use mine, but use the master copies only, of course! The ones that Henk and Allen provide.

Let's see, what else....well, I don't know anything about The Connet Waltz -- don't know if there's anyone I should give credit for it, or if it's a golden oldie, or what.

What instrument do you have, Marcus?

Sounds very good. Good playing too.

:) Thanks!

I just added a note to my profile (thought I already had one there), that my concertina is a Morse Albion English, a treble.

I feel spoiled to have started concertina playing with such a great concertina. I haven't had to struggle along with something that refuses to move well. But, believe me, I've paid my dues on a huge and clunky piano accordion! (...One I still have and love, but...well, it just can't compare!)

I just added a note to my profile (thought I already had one there), that my concertina is a Morse Albion English, a treble.

I see. No wonder.

Oh temptations!

P.S. Your huge and clunky PA can probably be made less clunky. At least if most of the clank doesn't come from the basses.

....................................................................................................

....................................................................................P.S. Your huge and clunky PA can probably be made less clunky. At least if most of the clank doesn't come from the basses.

Oh, the old Pancordion 'runs' okay (enough for me). It's just so huge, that's all. But I also have a Hohner, smaller, which I can play while it's on a stand. I still can't get used to the fact that this doesn't bother my back, but, it's true! It's a great way to play (with a stand).

I kinda like the lightness of the 'tina, though!

[.[/u]

Let's see, what else....well, I don't know anything about The Connet Waltz -- don't know if there's anyone I should give credit for it, or if it's a golden oldie, or what.

It was written by a golden oldie for this project.Thank you for adding to it.

Al