Even Newer Scam!

Daniel Hersh

This one is at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7396823736 . I suspect that someone has hijacked the seller's ID, so I've ebay-messaged the "seller" (who's in Italy, though the concertina's allegedly in the UK). But if anyone recognizes the instrument from an earlier listing, please let ebay know!

[A bit later] I found the earlier listing (7389511341, one of wakasaobama's) and contacted eBay. With luck they'll take this down soon.

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Hersh

Heh heh. Just found it myself and moaned about it in the other thread. And reported it to ebay too. This is nuts.

I see that now they want any questions to go direct to them and not through ebay! Iguess that way they get your e-mail address

Edited by Paul Read

That's not it, Paul--it's another aspect of the fraud. The posted e-address in the text of this listing belongs to the criminal--but the person who owns the listing account is someone else who's not part of the fraud. I used the ebay "send seller a message" function to send a message to the account holder and heard back, "questo oggetto non è il mio" [the object is not mine].

Unfortunately the listing is still there. Fortunately there are no bids, but the criminal may be instructing his e-mail correspondents to send payments outside of the ebay system....

Daniel

Heh heh. Just found it myself and moaned about it in the other thread. And reported it to ebay too. This is nuts.

I see that now they want any questions to go direct to them and not through ebay! Iguess that way they get your e-mail address

In any case, it's gone now. I'm glad that ebay listened.

Daniel

The crazy thing is, its not even a convincing fraud. If you are going to pretend to be from England, you can at least make the english sound like it was written by someone fluent in the language.

--

Bill