Looking For Instructor - No Calif Area

dbagley

Hi,

I'm looking for an instructor on Anglo, somewhere in the Northern California Region. I live in Reno, NV but would be

willing to travel for a beginning lesson or three. I have a couple of lower end concertinas, a 20 button and a 30 button. I've tried a bit on my own and even viewed a DVD, but I need some personal face to face feedback to help move me in the right directions.

Thanks

Dennis

The primary person I know of is Jack Gilder in San Francsico: jgilder@jps.net, phone (415) 931-9192. Last I heard he was teaching Irish style only. I do workshops occasionally (e.g. at the SF Free Folk Festival in June) but not private lessons.

Daniel

Hi,

I'm looking for an instructor on Anglo, somewhere in the Northern California Region. I live in Reno, NV but would be

willing to travel for a beginning lesson or three. I have a couple of lower end concertinas, a 20 button and a 30 button. I've tried a bit on my own and even viewed a DVD, but I need some personal face to face feedback to help move me in the right directions.

Thanks

Dennis

Edited by Daniel Hersh

• 2 weeks later...

when i started trying to learn the concertina in 2000, i took lessons from mike euritt in san rafael every week until moving to olympia, washington in 2001. i'm not sure what he's up to these days, but i certainly found it helpful to be able to get a lesson from him every week. here is his contact information found through a quick internet search:

Flowing Tide

* Address: 1209 Second St., San Rafael California 94901

* Area Covered: Bay Area

* Phone: (415) 453.8623

* Email: ...

Traditional Irish Music featuring uilleann pipes, concertina and fiddle

i don't know if that band is still together, but he plays pipes and concertina (someone else is the fiddler).