Buttons

Hi,

I am Cliff Fairley, a Pipe Organ builder in Portland. OR. Because I build musical instruments people bring me a wide assortment of instruments to repair. This time it is a concertina missing its buttons. The concertina has no markings other than "Made in Italy". It is very cheaply made, has a red crystallized finish, and looks to be sound (no pun intented) except that all the buttons are missing. It had ten buttons on each side. The holes for the buttons are just slightly more then 11mm.

Can you help me find someone who can sell me new buttons?

cheers,

Cliff

Someone who has taken a few of these apart would likely have some. I'd ask Bob Tedrow (who used to take the buttons out of Stagis and upgrade them) at Homewood Musical (he's a sponsor here) if he has a box full. Geo Salley (who checks in here now and then and wrote an article in our repair section on fixing these buttons) might also know.

Here's another possibility: http://www.hmtrad.com/catalog/winds/sbx/sb...ttons.html#tina .

Daniel

Hi,

I am Cliff Fairley, a Pipe Organ builder in Portland. OR. Because I build musical instruments people bring me a wide assortment of instruments to repair. This time it is a concertina missing its buttons. The concertina has no markings other than "Made in Italy". It is very cheaply made, has a red crystallized finish, and looks to be sound (no pun intented) except that all the buttons are missing. It had ten buttons on each side. The holes for the buttons are just slightly more then 11mm.

Can you help me find someone who can sell me new buttons?

cheers,

Cliff