C.jeffries 31-key C/g Anglo For Sale

martyn

I am selling my C.Jeffries 31-key C/G anglo - so I thought I would offer it here first.

About 2 years ago I had it fully restored by Mike Acott of Ipswich.

The work included retuning to concert pitch, fitting new pads, valves, springs bushings etc. and also re-binding the bellows edges and fitting new straps.

The concertina plays nicely and the sound is reasonably loud (although not as loud as some Jeffries I've heard) without being harsh.

The overall condition is very good - the only negatives being that the gold tooling on the bellows is a bit worn and faint, the strap screws are not the originals and there is no case.

The reason for me selling, is that I rarely play it these days as I have a 38-key C/G which is my main instrument and I have developed my playing style around the 38.

The asking price is £3650 + postage & insurance.

Or I might be interested in doing some sort of deal with a good Jeffries 38-key G/D

If you would like any more information please contact me - I will even play it to you down the phone.

Or if anyone lives close to Essex you would be welcome to come and try it for yourself.

If the concertina is sold through this site a donation will be made.

Regards

Martyn

The instrument looks absolutely lovely. I don't suppose you would accept an installment plan.. I could pay you over the next 5 years or so :).

Oh well, good luck selling it. If there is any justice in the world you ought to easily be able to get your asking price for it.

--

Bill

The instrument looks absolutely lovely. I don't suppose you would accept an installment plan.. I could pay you over the next 5 years or so :).

Oh well, good luck selling it. If there is any justice in the world you ought to easily be able to get your asking price for it.

--

Bill

Thanks for that Bill.

The money will only go into the 38-key G/D fund though.

Martyn

Hello MARTYN ,I have A38 button G/D( C.Jeffries Maker) stamp its in excellent condition its been worked on byColin Dipper and Andy Norman .I would do a swap if we could come to some arrangement,I live in Surrey just off junction 10 of the M25,let me no what you think.Barry Irwin

Hi Martin,

I thought I posted a message before, but perhaps I didn't... Yes, I'm very interested in purchasing your great looking box. I'll be in the London area March 6-10 and would be very interested in taking it for a test drive. I trust I'll be impressed and want to buy it then and there...

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Martin,

I thought I posted a message before, but perhaps I didn't... Yes, I'm very interested in purchasing your great looking box. I'll be in the London area March 6-10 and would be very interested in taking it for a test drive. I trust I'll be impressed and want to buy it then and there...

Thanks,

Craig

Hello All,

My concertina is no longer available I'm afraid, as I have just this afternoon swapped it for a 38-key G/D Jeffries.

Thanks for your interest.

Martyn

My concertina is no longer available I'm afraid, as I have just this afternoon swapped it for a 38-key G/D Jeffries.

As the owner of a good 38 key G/D Jeffries myself, I can say you are in for a real treat. Lovely, lovely boxes.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes I know they are wonderful.

I already have one - a beautiful instrument but it has a softer tone than some I've heard.

The new one though really rattles the windows and sends the family running for cover! :blink:

Martyn

As the owner of a good 38 key G/D Jeffries myself, I can say you are in for a real treat. Lovely, lovely boxes.

Chris

Thought you had a 46 key GD Chris or do I remember you selling it on to fund other purchases. I must say that it would take an army to get my GD Jeffries off me although I recently bought a lovely GD 40 key Linota

Pete