What Would It Take To Repair This Edeophone?

There is a 56 key Edeophone on e-bay (now out of my price range) in clear need of some repair.

the link is

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lachenal-Concertina-Ed...1QQcmdZViewItem

It is missing all of the end bolts, the finger rest, and the thumb strap for one side and as a result has a warped reed pan (shown in one of the pictures). Replacing the end bolts, pads, springs, valves, and minor repair for cracks to the ends shouldn't be too difficult (just time consuming). Might cost a bit for the parts though.

My question: can one repair the warped reed pan? If so, how?

Larry

Replacing the end bolts, pads, springs, valves, and minor repair for cracks to the ends shouldn't be too difficult (just time consuming).

It took me most of 2003 to replace an end bolt from my concertina made by Steve Dickinson 20 years ago, and even then I had to saw it down to the length I needed.

It was us, The Button Box, that got it. We noticed the rivited action first thing... and have all the parts needed to replace the missing ones. The warped reedpan shouldn't be much of a problem either or the rest of the work. Don't look for it to surface on our list of used/restored instruments any time soon though as most of our time goes in to making new concertinas these days.

Edited by Richard Morse

I haven't done any serious hands-on concertina work in years now.... Our BBox repairs/restoration staff (headed by Bob Snope) are very competent and will do an excellent job. They normally don't take photos of routine things but I can ask them to on this one. I split my worktime half into being an architect and half into BBox work: designing our concertinas, doing graphics, NESI and NCW, taking care of the premises....