Fsot Wheatstone 57b Chidley Maccan

seanc

This was purchased from the David Cornell estate. This is like a time capsule find. It is pretty much brand new condition. I would gather it has seen little to no use. All is working as it should, bellows tight.  Nickle plating is like looking into a clean mirror.

57B  Wheatstone Chidley Maccan Aeola

Nickle plated ends.

08/08/ 1954 MFR

Interested in  even trade for comparable value  English or Anglo .

asking  $2700

IMG_0530.jpeg

Edited by seanc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very interested and actually saw your listing locally. I'm only just starting out. I was hoping to work my way up to a duet like this after becoming familiar with a 30-key English. Is that the best route, or are they just completely different animals?

They really are completely different.

I don't think that experience on an EC or Anglo is really going to be specifically a direct benefit here. My feeling would be that if you starting off and want to play duet. You will have much better sucess putting those initial efforts into learning a duet. Rather than learning an Eglish and then trying apply what you have learned to a duet.

Regardless of what platform you decide. Your efforts, especially initially would be better focused on whatever platform it is that you really want to ultimately play. 

With a duet, you have 2 things happening.

1 you have to learn the button positions, which you would need to do on any instrument.

2. Then depending on HOW/What you play you will need to develop some measure of hand independence. Regardless as to you wanting to hold down chords on the left and play melodies on the right. Or, if you want to do walking bass lines on the left and choppy chords on the right. You will need to learn and develop that skill. And that really is unique and specific to any duet.

3. if you go with go EC first and then move to duet. You will have to unlearn the button pattern and whatever muscle memory you have developed. And then learn whatever duet system you have chosen. It is not like a piano where you learn the key positions and take that same muscle memory and apply that knowledge and just learn the Rhodes or Hammond organ idiom/ style. 

But, if you need more info or want to come look. ping me sean.casler@gmail.com

Edited by seanc

On 1/10/2024 at 5:54 PM, bhughey24 said:

I am very interested and actually saw your listing locally. I'm only just starting out. I was hoping to work my way up to a duet like this after becoming familiar with a 30-key English. Is that the best route, or are they just completely different animals?

definitely yes - albeit 30k sounds more like an Anglo

(still completely different beasts)

• 3 months later...