A. C. Norman reed style?

I have a friend with an A.C. Norman instrument that has a bit of an odd layout on the right side top row.

It is represented as Jeffries, but has a C# push /D# draw on the first button and a D# push/C# draw on the second button.  The rest of the instrument is essentially a Jeffries layout.

To be more "Jeffries-like" we're talking about swapping the reeds on the two buttons to get him a push C# on the second button.

What I'm not clear about, and he hasn't opened the instrument yet, is if this instrument uses traditional reeds in shoes, where a swap might be fairly straightforward, if the shoes are similar sizes, or if this uses screwed-in or waxed-in accordion reeds.

Anyone know the answer before he starts taking it apart?  It would help inform his work.

18 hours ago, Steve Schulteis said:

just flip each plate over in place

12 hours ago, Michael Eskin said:

Fingering system reassignment surgery was successful, friend is happy having a proper Jeffries push C#.

Is that what you did?

I wonder if in the original assembly the maker inadvertently mounted those two reed plates upside-down.

5 minutes ago, David Barnert said:

Is that what you did?

I wonder if in the original assembly the maker inadvertently mounted those two reed plates upside-down.

Yes, I do believe that is what he did. I was just providing remote advice during the process.