Tedrow has arrived and it is FANTASTIC!!!

5 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

Cairn terrior we called Sparky .. and he used to make funny noses like a 'Bag pipe'! Then there was Fred and Betty ( guinea pigs)!.

We had a Cairn too.  He was a great little dog.  Guinea pigs make noise too, squeaky ones though.  

44 minutes ago, Sandra A said:

Did he have the surgery and survive?  Go to a new home?

The concertina traveled across the world and still speaks today :)  That's great!

The tortoise's owner hasn't been to the forum in three years, so unless someone else knows, I think you're unlikely to get an answer.

• Like 1

Yes, the Carin [Sparky] sort of made singing noises and a sort of waa waa' mouth movements [ only way can be described] It may well have been a musical reversion to his Scottish ancestry! [bagpipers]..When i used to play music in my room, in those days, he used to come in and wait patiently to be taken for his walk. [ maybe his noises were a sort of accompaniment? [but they were never done at the same time] as my attempts though! 😊

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Geoffrey Crabb said:

CONSTANT SCREAMER (19th century, slang) — the concertina.

Do  you mean concertinas were referred to as a constant screamer?  I looked it up online and there has been someone with a user name of constant screamer on this forum in the last 10 years or so.  Their posts are hilarious.