Looking for Bass Anglo Concertina

McCarthy

7 hours ago, Bassconcertina.net said:

Hi Martin, it is a G/D, I saw a video of him on Facebook talking about it, the lowest note is G1. It'd be a much bigger instrument if it was a C/G, if it wasn't, it'd have less buttons or be slower due to short scale reeds and compromised chamber length.

Thank you so much, that is a great help, I wonder who I can get to make one? ๐Ÿ™‚

12 hours ago, Martin Essery said:

Thank you so much, that is a great help, I wonder who I can get to make one? ๐Ÿ™‚

Definitely speak to Andrew Norman at AC Norman :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyNT said:

Definitely speak to Andrew Norman at AC Norman :)

I am! ๐Ÿ™‚ย But he makes the coffin shape, not the regular hexagon, which I would prefer. Mind you, he seems to be the only option to get my hands on one in less than two yearsย ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by Martin Essery

On 3/8/2024 at 4:42 PM, Martin Essery said:

Maybe me within the next couple years, I'm trying to start a free reed instrument making business. I am in the process of building a foot bass for my first customer at the moment, it is a long process though.ย ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 6:02 AM, Martin Essery said:

I am! ๐Ÿ™‚ย But he makes the coffin shape, not the regular hexagon, which I would prefer. Mind you, he seems to be the only option to get my hands on one in less than two yearsย ๐Ÿ˜„

I talked to him about building a C/G bass once and he said that it would be difficult because of the fact that they use accordion reeds, which would be really slow if weighted down to C1. However, I could buy and use antique reed organ sub bass reeds to achieve notes from C1-C2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bassconcertina.net said:

Maybe me within the next couple years, I'm trying to start a free reed instrument making business. I am in the process of building a foot bass for my first customer at the moment, it is a long process though.ย ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Can I place an order? I have a reed organ that was sold as playable, but is not, so I could harvest the reeds ๐Ÿ™‚

13 hours ago, Martin Essery said:

Can I place an order? I have a reed organ that was sold as playable, but is not, so I could harvest the reeds ๐Ÿ™‚

Sure, you'll be my second customer, Pm me with any further questions or specs for the instrument.ย 

ย 

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassconcertina.net said:

Sure, you'll be my second customer, Pm me with any further questions or specs for the instrument.ย 

ย 

Thanks!

wow, you never fail to impress me... well younger than 20 years, and already that dedicated to concertinas! If you'll still be at it at my current age, the c world will be looking at one of those who did make a significant difference.

ย 

Thumbs up!

• Like 3