Wanted: Lachenal reed screws

Over the years I have accumulated a few reeds with one broken screw of the two that hold the tongue in place. Often I have been able to remove the broken screw stub and use an unbroken screw from another reed to make a complete reed again. I now have several Lachenal reed shoes with no screws and one Wheatstone shoe with no screws. I my experience, Lachenal and Wheatstone reed screws are not interchangeable, nor are they with Jones reed screws, I can't comment on the others makers products.

Does anyone have some spare/old/surplus Lachenal and Wheatstone reed screws or old ruined broken reeds that are no longer fit for purpose they can let me have so I can make up the bits I have left into full reeds? I need at least six Lachenal and two Wheatstone reed screws

If so, please message me and we can come to some arrangement.

If anyone is interested, I have used a M1.2 drill to drill out broken studs and then use an M1.4 followed by an M1.6 and finally an M1.8 tap to restore the original hole size. Lachenal reed screws are near as damn it M1.8 and screw into the holes with no trouble and fit well and tightly.

Happy Squeezing

Mike

Yes, you might think so, but having searched the Web i can only find M1.7 bolts as the nearest size.

M1.8 self tappers are available but I would like to to stay with bolts as originally used, which is why i'm asking the Concertina community to help.

I have a Koot Brits concertina which appeared to have been assembled from a rag bag of Wheatstone and/or Lachenal parts. It was overhauled last year and several reeds were replaced. I can send you the old ones if you like. Or David Robinson, who is based near you, may be able to find you some.

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the offer. If you are sure they are no good to you I'll gladly have them. I'll send you a personal message with my address etc.

David is a good friend of mine but I'm reluctant to approach him as he is quite generous and last year let me have, for free , several of the very low notes I needed to make up a G/D set I was assembling for a change of key for an old 20k Lachenal and I don't want to compromise that friendship. He has also tuned reeds and effected repairs for me in the past, as well as other concertina related benefits.

Many Thanks

Mike

Geoffrey: - thank you for that information. I have taken Alex's earlier advice and ordered a  9BA and a 10BA set of taps with drills and some cheese headed screws/Bolts to fit.

Richard was kind enough to let me have some old shoes and I've recovered a few screws/bolts from those and another member of the forum did likewise.

I now have enough reed screws/bolts for my purposes and a means of replacing missing or broken screws/bolts for the future, so, thank you everyone who helped, supported and informed me. 

I think that can end my quest.

Mike