Anglo Midi Photos Added

Hello Wim

The Anglo looks very pretty.

I would love to hear some sound clips. I would like to hear it sound like a concertina and also like a variety of other instruments and variations.

Thanks

Richard

Would that help very much? Wouldn't it just tell you what the MIDI sound module being used at the time sounded like?

One thing I think you would have to accept is that the likelihood of any expander having a concertina voice built in is vanishingly low (I seem to recall reading about a sample someone made that could be used on a Mac, but that's about it). You could probably do it yourself with a sampler, of course, but then it would be easier just to play a conventional concertina. For me, what these MIDI beasts are all about is for when you don't want to sound like a concertina.

Chris

Would that help very much? Wouldn't it just tell you what the MIDI sound module being used at the time sounded like?

I think it would also give some indication of how comfortable it is -- for at least one person -- to manipulate the instrument. E.g., how about a sound sample that includes using the microswitches to changes voices without a pause in the melody? Can it be done? (I suspect it can.)

For me, what these MIDI beasts are all about is for when you don't want to sound like a concertina.

But what if you sometimes want to sound like a concertina, and sometimes like a trumpet, marimba, percussion ensemble, string orchestra, or "Thai bath house" (one of my favorites MIDI settings, just for the name :))? Why should you need a second instrument, just for the concertina sound?

Or what if you wanted to be able to select between different concertina voices? Even though you would have to record your own samples, you would presumably only need to do that once, and then you wouldn't have to carry around an amboyna Edeophone, a pinhole Æola, a metal-ended New Model, a brass-reeded baritone, a contrabass, and a Stagi miniature. Or, if you're an anglo player, C/G, G/D, Bb/F, and baritone in both metal- and wooden-ended models, both Jeffries- and Wheatstone-reeded. Or just think about taking sound samples from that Jones with the lovely tone, but sluggish action, so you get the same tone from a new instrument with Geuns-Wakker rivetted action. :)