Review of Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne Concertina Lessons

lordzedd

Hi folks,

I've just finished a series of Skype anglo concertina lessons with Cohen Braithwaite-Kilcoyne. Contacting Cohen through his website was very easy, and he was very quick and professional in his replies not only to my initial contact with him, but also when I had to reschedule a meeting or two.

He did a great job of assessing my skill level (very beginner) and my goals (coordinating hands and bellows) and picked instructional pieces and lesson pacing accordingly. During meetings, he was patient, observant, and insightful. I feel much more confident in my playing thanks to Cohen's guidance and would heartily recommend him as a teacher.

Zach

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

I've been taking lessons with him almost a year now and have found him to be an extremely attentive and encouraging teacher. He pushes me regularly with longer, more challenging tunes, while we work on more basic concepts like music theory and left hand accompaniments, or learning by ear, on a weekly basis. Having this accountability has really pushed me to practice and grow as a player during the pandemic and I'll definitely keep taking them!

• Like 2